So this is love? (pt2)

its been so long since i've written in this that i may or may not have forgotten what has happened so far. so i apologise if i repeat anything i will make sure to read through the whole thing at some point. (this chapter is in progress)

‼️THIS CHAPTER AND OTHER CHAPTERS MAY INVOLVE/MENTION UNCOMFORTABLE TOPICS SUCH AS SUCIDE AND SELF HARM‼️

<—————————————————————————->

STEVEN'S POV

i wake up in the middle of the night to an unbearable pain by my navel/gem "fff-fuck!-" i whisper to myself as i sit up and grip onto the area where my gem is. i don't know why but this keeps happening every night, i swear if this is some kind of sign that there is still more of my mothers shit to clean up i'm gunna go feral.

CONNIE'S POV

i wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing none stop, i groan and reach out to grab it, the light hits my eyes and makes me tear up due to lack of lightning in my room. i look at the time 1:35am my eyes widen as i see that steven is spamming me?

S: connie? heyy connie! con? strawberry? hellooo

i sigh and text back.

C: steven quartz cutie pie demayo diamond universe. it's the middle of the night, what do you want?

i was half asleep as i waited for him to text back.

S: i'm in pain :(

i instantly become worried.

C: what? wdym your in pain? what happened? are you okay? steven!?

S: my gem is KILLING me. idk what's going on

C: it's prolly gem hormones

S: haha, very funny. really connie it feels like i'm being stabbing in the stomach!

i cant help but joke around.

C: dayum, didn't know gem hybrids could get periods

S: EXCUSE ME?!.

i silently laugh, i knew steven was probably laughing too because he's using all caps.

S: connie this really isn't the time to talk about your scary shark months lol

C: i know i know, sorry. have you told the gems?

S: no.. they won't understand, they don't feel pain like humans do.

C: oh yeah.. uhhh

im about to start typing again but steven was already spamming me.

S: i've already tried taking my shirt off to see if my gem needed a breather but it didn't work.
S: it honestly hurts so much. kms

i freeze... the thought of steven laying in bed.. his hair all messed up and no shirt on made me blush bright red. we go on talking for what seemed like a few minutes but it turned out to be hours, the sun was beginning to rise and i yawned before texting steven that i should probably sleep now. and that he should try and sleep too.

STEVEN'S POV

the sun was rising and connie had fallen asleep- now i was alone. my gem was starting to calm down a little but it still hurt like hell, i decide to go downstairs and get something to eat. as i'm walking down the stairs i hear something outside, someone.. yelling? i shrug it off as just some drunk person who is wondering around the beach. i walk into the kitchen and open the fridge to look around for something to snack on...

~ TIME SKIP ~

CONNIE'S POV

i'm sitting in the passenger seat of stevens car as he drives, i'm not sure where we're going but he told me to 'dress up nicely' so i did. i'm in a pretty light pink dress that goes down to my knees, it's nothing much but it's the fanciest dress i own, steven is wearing a dark pink tux that honestly he looks really cute in. after a while i look at steven and ask, "hey steven. where are we going exactly?" steven smiles softly while keeping his eyes on the road "it's a surprise! trust me you'll love it" he says, i just smile back and nod.