Chapter 4

Atlanticka – Present Time

The sun rose over a terrified city full of desperate people trying to flee. Those who had been caught had been escorted back to the goddess's court to stand trial for treason. It was there that scared men; women and children were either beheaded or stabbed to death, their blood filling the already bloody streets. The sounds of whimpers from those who had yet to stand trial could be heard on the outer edges of the court. Most of those whimpers came from young children who had no recollection of what was happening.

The sight of bodies piled on top of one another made even the most veteran person vomit on the spot. The stench was horrendous and the burning of bodies made the sky turn black. Atlanticka felt like a living, breathing hell.

Upon her throne though, Cleopatra looked down over those who were to be executed and smiled. She took a seat on her gold throne as she waved a hand and the next batch of people was murdered. The evil queen sat with her black hair piled on her head, a gown of red and gold covering her slim body. She shook her head as more and more people began to beg for their lives, only for those pleas to fall on deaf ears.

As the goddess sat, she dreamed of a new world, full of her followers and those who trusted her to take over this large city.

"Please my queen! Pray mercy on us!" a ragged woman shouted as she came into the center of the court, holding a small child of 5 years. Both the woman and child were covered in filth, as the peasants on the outskirts of town never bathed. It was a shame, as those were the first people to go.

"Take the child and kill the woman." The goddess ordered.

The woman tried to fight off the guards while protecting her child. A punch to the face caught the woman off guard as the child was swiftly removed from her arms.

"Let her go!" the woman yelled as blood gushed from her nose.

Cleopatra laughed, "The child now belongs to me. Guards kill her." The goddess ordered and soon the woman's cries could be heard no more.

The crowd watched in horror as the guard brought his sword up and swung it in a single motion and beheaded the woman. Blood spurted from her neck where her head once sat. The head itself hit the ground and rolled before landing with a wet thud.

"Let that be a lesson to those who dare defy my orders!" she roared.

The guard brought the dirty child over and Cleopatra kept from scrunching her nose.

"What is your name child?" she asked.

The child looked around for her mother before spotting her. She let out a whimper as her bottom lip quivered.

"Well?" the goddess said.

"Her name is Lilith." A woman in the crowd said, "She's my niece."

"Well, she is my child now. Leave this courtyard or your death will be next."

The woman shook her head but turned and stepped from the horror scene. The goddess smirked as she knew she had one this battle.

"Take the child and have one of the maids bathe it." She said and dismissed the guard.

The guard moved away from the goddess and into the temple, the child now quietly crying in his arms.

"My queen!" one of her royal followers said, "Your lover Caesar and son Caesarion have arrived!"

The goddess leapt from her throne and moved around the courtyard towards the gates. There riding a large black stallion sat her lover Julius Caesar and with him was their 19-year-old son Caesarion. The men rose in and stopped in front of the stunning woman. They both jumped off the horses and embraced the goddess as tears were shed. It had been decades since she last saw the two of them.