Chapter Two

< Not Fully Proofread >

Y/n pov

I got woken up by my sister, Bailey, shaking me, I just groaned before slowly getting up, grabbing a random pair of trousers and a plain sweater, getting changed quickly then I went into the bathroom to brush my hair and my teeth.

Once I'd done that I walked to the kitchen, grabbing a piece of Bailey's toast before asking her for a lift

"You're lucky I love you Y/n."

"I know Bailey"

"How's axe throwing going? You've got that today, remember?"

"Ah, was kinda hoping it was knife throwing"

"That more fun?"

"Mh, definitely, I feel like I have to focus less"

"Fair"

"But, it's going good, thanks for asking"

I sat next to her, making sure I had everything in my bag while I waited for her to be ready once she was done though, I was out the door in a flash.

When we'd actually arrived at school I was visibly disturbed by the sheer amount of news reporters. I smiled at Bailey and thanked her, but she knew I didn't deal well with crowds. I put on my headphones and walked past, trying my best to avoid them all. They didn’t seem interested in me, yet I was still brushing shoulders with them at some point, which I didn’t exactly want. I looked down at my phone to see a text

Bails
“I knew I should’ve warned you, stay safe Y/n, something happened last night, you can come see me at work after school, I’ll fill you in”

Me
“Thanks Bails, I will :>

Once I got past them and into the hall I went straight to Sam's locker, sighing relieved to see both him and Colby there "so… what the fuck is happening?"

"You don't know?"

"No?"

"Jacob got murdered last night, gutted even."

"Ah…” When I said I'd wanted him dead I didn't literally mean it. But I don’t really care all that much anyway, dick probably deserved it, y’know, karma.

The boys must've seen the confusion on my face however, as murder, believe it or not, wasn’t normal where we live "Yeah, it was hard to believe for us too, especially in such a small town"

"Who-"

"We don't know, the police don't have any leads" I sighed, suddenly feeling woozy from my confusion, leaning on the locker.

"Honestly I'm kinda glad he's gone, he can't hurt you anymore"

“He never hurt me"

"Yeah, never physically, I know he wouldn’t even leave a scratch on you, you’re way too strong, and so are we" Colby smiled, flexing his muscles, obviously as a joke.

"I suppose, I'm going to class, I need a distraction" I quietly walked away, looking at the ground as I turned my music up louder, 'Soap' by Melanie Martinez playing.

When I got to class I had been informed police interrogations would be called for every student at some point today, but it took till the lesson before lunch for me to be called in

I sighed, I didn't exactly have an alibi other than being at home, in my room with my parents asleep, they’re always passed out after seven. I had to hope my good kid reputation would protect me... and that everyone knew me because of Bailey "Y/n L/n, come with me"