The First Murder

Jacob Pov

I was standing in the kitchen, cooking up some popcorn while I waited for my girlfriend, Lily, to come round - my parents were out for the week, and I was hoping to get some action.

I heard my phone on the counter next to me ringing and walked over to it, answering without even checking the caller ID. I hoped it would be Lily "Hey? You've reached Jacob"

"Hello."

"Hi, so who is this? If it's you Ross, you can't come over tonight man, I've got Lily comin' over"

"Who's Lily?"

"My, uh, girlfriend? Ross, stop messing with me man"

"Are you home alone?"

"Yeah, of course I am man, parents are out of town on a business trip, you know this Ross, i've told you a million times-"

"It's not Ross."

"Sure it's not dude, piss off, I gotta go check on my food"

"Don't hang up."

"Fuck off dude"

I hung up, placing the phone in my pocket and went back to my food, groaning when I get a call… again "dude."

"I told you not to hang up."

"And I told you not to call dude"

"I'm not Ross."

"Then who are you?"

"...What's your favourite scary movie?"

"You're avoiding the question."

"I don't care, answer my questions and maybe I'll answer yours"

"Fine. Saw was cool"

"Mh... I have a little quiz for you, Jacob, answer them correct and you'll live"

"What?"

"First question-"

"No. What the fuck do you mean 'I'll live'?!"

"Don't fucking interrupt me!"

"..."

"Good boy~ First question, what's the real name of chucky?"

"Easy, Charles Lee Ray"

"Good job, second question, what are you cooking?"

"Popcorn? How did you know I was cooking shit?"

"I was watching."

"..."

"Third question, where am I?"

"No. You're not in my house. This is just a prank, Lily? Where are you?! You can come out now"

"Your girlfriend isn't here yet Jacob, where am I? I won't ask again."
"You're… outside the window?"

"Oh no, it seems that was the wrong answer, bye bye Jakey"

"NO-"

The phone got hung up, I threw  my phone in the floor in shock, completely forgetting to try to call the police. I walked out the kitchen, hands over my mouth while I tried to steady my breathing. Walking into the hall, I was still breathing heavily, treading carefully to not make the floorboards creek before I was grabbed from behind...

??? Pov

I grabbed Jacob by the shoulder, yelling "SURPRISE!!" in his ear before plunging my knife into his stomach, laughing as he curled into me, shocked, before groaning as I took out the knife and stabbed him again higher up, in the chest, watching as the blood dripped down him, the red irony liquid pooling on the wooden floor, staining his clothes.

"Y'know, you should really be careful what information you share with people on that phone of yours, no one ever taught you online safety Jacob? You never know what kind of weird people exist around" a pained sound came from him, gurgling on the blood that pooled in his mouth, his blood now mixed with his saliva - he tried to spit it out, but more kept on coming. 

"What's that Jacob? Having trouble understanding you there bud"

I sighed, kinda bored at his lack of willingness to fight back, my taunting didn't even faze him, not like he could talk anyway, but he could still move. Lazy dipshit.

I grabbed him by the neck, backing him up against a wall and pushing the knife in again, deeper this time, snarling "Why don't you fight back? Lily wouldn't be happy, knowing her boyfriend went out like a pussy"

That seemed to hype him up, he yet again gargled, leaned over me, and coughing up blood onto my gloved hands before he tried to elbow me in the ribs, I stopping him with relative ease, taking one of my hands off his neck and pushing it away.  Considering I wasn't even that strong Jacob was weak as fuck, that or he'd just lost too much blood at this point to fight back.

Jacob's phone dinged, a text from Lily illuminated the screen, she was almost at the house. I cussed, grabbing Jacob, I dug the knife in, near to his groin, before slicing up till I reached his sternum. At this point I was pretty confident he was dead, so I picked up his body and dragged it to the front door, leaving the door unlocked for Lily to find; leaving out the back, successfully fleeing the crime scene.

Lily pov

I parked my car, getting out and locking it before walking up to the door, ringing the doorbell. I waited a couple minutes, a gift in my hands for him. Knocking and ringing the doorbell a couple more times before yelling for Jacob. I attempted to open the door, mildly shocked when it opened, but I suppose he was expecting me, maybe he's getting changed or something.

I opened the door, pausing and dropping my purse and box when I saw him, gutted and sat upright by the door, staring directly at me. A scream came out my throat, staring for a few minutes before going back outside, retching as I got to my car, unocking it before getting in, re-locking it before pulling out my phone and calling the police…