Chapter three

Chapter 03

Chapter 03

Running away from home wasn't a regular occurrence for Minho. He preferred to stay in the comfort of his own home, his own room specifically. It was one of the few places he could feel completely safe in. Today was a little different.

The boy couldn't handle the questions anymore. His mother insisted on knowing where the scratches on his hands came from, which were the result from getting pushed onto the floor, and how the sleeve of his sweater got ripped. He wasn't ready to talk about what went on at school, it would only make things worse.

His week was hard enough on him already and the last thing he needed was his mom interrogating him. Although, he was aware that came from a place of love and worry. He would never blame her for it, he actually enjoyed how much she cared about him most of the time, even if it felt a little foreign to him at times. It was hard to get used to. Sometimes he wished he could go back to the times no one asked questions. It was a lot easier when he didn't have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings.

There weren't any words coming out of his mouth. Minho stared down at his dinner until she finally gave up on making him speak, letting him excuse himself from the table while she did the dishes.

That's when he got the idea. He looked back at his mom one more time before he quietly ran out of the house. The cold air hit him immediately. Looking back on it, leaving the house in the middle of December wasn't the smartest decision he's ever made, but he needed it. He needed to be alone.

There weren't a lot of places to go to. Minho didn't have any friends or family besides his mom and wandering around away too far from home was not something he felt comfortable with. That's when he saw the playground.

To his surprise, he saw the boy on the swing again. He seemed to be in his own world. It made him wonder what he was thinking about or what he was doing here. If he wasn't so scared, he would join him, but he couldn't risk another person hating him.

He kept a distance between them and sat down on the grass behind the slide as he wiped away his tears, making sure he was almost completely out of sight for the other male. Of course, he still wanted to take an eye on him.

He enjoyed looking at the brunette, he looked like an angel to him. That was the only word that could come close to what he was. There was nothing else to describe him with.

The boy seemed to be in his own world, it made him wonder what he was thinking about or why he was here in the first place.

At this point, he was basically staring at him, since his mind was so occupied with trying to figure him out, he almost forgot what he was crying about. That was until jisung turned his head to him.

As Minho panicked, he snapped out of his thoughts and stared down at his hands instead. That didn't stop him from glancing back, only this time he wasn't there anymore.