Chapter 18

"You almost done over there?" Angelo calls over from the kitchen as he pulls ingredients out of the cupboards for pasta.

"I've got like 10 pages left." You yell back looking at the thin pile in your hands.

"Leave them. You can finish after dinner." Angelo yells back.

"It'll only take like 30 minutes." You say wanting to just finish reading the document.

"Sofia, give your brain a break and get your ass in here." Angelo says a commanding tone to his voice. You sigh putting the pages down onto the coffe table, pushing the blanket off of your lap.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." You say standing up and jogging over to the kitchen. You see Angelo already has all of the ingredients layed out onto the kitchen island. Grabbing the elastic from your wrist, you tie your hair up into a messy bun not wanting hair to get into the pasta.

"What are we making?" You ask looking at the different ingredients.

"Easiest pasta there is – fettucine alfredo." Angelo says turning the tap on to wash his hands.

"With chicken?" You ask looking at the chicken breasts marinating on the counter.

"In it, on the side. Need some source of protein." Angelo says washing and drying his hands as you follow.

"The base of pasta is really simple. 4 ingredients: flour, eggs, oil and salt." Angelo says pointing at the ingredients laid out onto the island as you dry your hands.

"We're going to start with 2 cups of flour, onto the counter." Angelo says, and you grab the containter of flour already seeing a measuring scoop inside.

"Right onto the counter?" You ask hesitantly.

"I cleaned the counter." Angelo says and you hesitantly pour out two scoops of flour into a pile in the middle of the counter.

"Bueno," Angelo says as you set the flour back down onto the counter. "Next we're going to make a nest in the flour."

"Like a birds nest?"

"Sure." Angelo says standing behind you guiding your hands to make a dip into the mound of flower. You try to ignore the spark coursing through your hands as they touch, but Angelo kissing down your neck doesn't help as you lean into him. Giggling as the scruff on his face scratches the sensitive skin on your neck.

"Now what?" You ask laughing as a good sized divot is formed in the middle of the pile of flour.

"Now we're going to put the eggs, olive oil and salt into the nest." Angelo says reaching over and grabbing one of the eggs effortlessly cracking it open with one hand emptying it's contents into the nest.

"Woah, how did you do that?" You ask amazed.

"Big hands and lots of practice." Angelo says tossing the shell into the garbage.

"Yeah I'm going to stick with using two hands," you say grabbing one of the eggs cracking it open and using both hands to open it into the nest.

"Sometimes using two hands is better," Angelo says lowering his voice grabbing the last egg cracking it open and using both hands pressing against you as he empties the egg into the nest. "Makes it more fun."

You can feel your heart rate starting to increase at the sensual tone in his voice.

Damn Italian practices. Who thought making pasta could be so hot.

"Olive oil next right," you say reaching up on your tip toes to lean over grabbing the olive oil, purposefully sticking your ass out into him. "How much?"