0:1

~ 🎸 ~

~ 🎸 ~

Just my luck.

A major group assignment is a lovely way to start off the new year, and of course I'm paired with the less-talented people. I roll my eyes over to my side as I stand close by to my new partners.

Annoyance emitted off my face as I stared down to my feet. I listen as the instructor was babbling on about the projects' subject and requirements.

"Something to honor the senior students? that seems a little challenging" a girl with large-round glasses spouts. She looked small as I seemed to tower above her. Long dark brown hair draped over her shoulders; she appeared to be younger than me, maybe a second year.

I turn my head to glance at her once more "Is it too much thought to put into?" I blurted.

The petite girl shyly took a few steps back, fixing the position of her glasses "N-no of course not!" I step towards her, closing the gap she create, awaiting her answer "its just, I want to do a good job, just for my upperclassman..." her tone was mellow and soft, she looked up at me with her large brown eyes.

I revert my focus elsewhere. Maybe I'm expecting too much of people who can't meet my expectations.

"very well, let's hope everyone can pull through" I huff staring at the other two members. Another peer was a tall lower class-man, his hair was neatly groomed and his uniform didn't have a single wrinkle at the folds. he looked very professional and even had a certain charm to him. maybe there is hope for this group.

"hey uhm sunbae.." the small girl poked at my shoulder "yes? what is it?" she nervously stood by my side looking around the room "it's just that, there are four people to a group. and we only seem to have three"

raising a brow at her mutter I scanned the room."one..two..three..four.." I counted observing the other groups. I glance back at my small table, the boy sat down patiently taking notes for the assignment. I frown pressing my fingers to my temple "great. of course were the only un-prepared bunch for a major grade" I groaned keeping it to myself.

Suddenly a gentle poke at my shoulder pulled me away From thought. "I apologize for this sunbae, but I'm Han Ha-Eun, second year student" she bowed in respect. "and this is Kim baek-hyun, also a second year! " she waltzed over to his side to nudge on his shoulder.

Baekhyun instantly dropped his pen and charged upward to greet my eyes "I'll do my best to not disappoint you, sunbae" he bowed calmly. I face the two as I bow down to them "Min Aera, third year. I look forward to see how well you do" 

Haeun's large eyes curled into tiny crescents underneath her glasses as she smiled to me, her aura was almost a little too bright for my dull one."We'll do our best!" she wrapped her small arm around baekhyuns' larger one.

He nodded while nudging her softly to let go. I puff out a breath to gather my things for dismissal. the two younger members bowed again as we parted our ways out the classroom. "hopefully Im not too harsh on them" I trail into thought walking to my next class.

My eyes traced the hallway walls while I walked in a fine line. Arriving to the room, I greet familiar faces from inside "aera there you are!" I close the door behind me, when a unexpected embrace envelopes my body "n-nice to see you again, h-harin" I felt her small arms squeeze my waist.

I tap her back repeatedly hoping she'd let me go from her deadlock. Luckily she did , eventually. I catch my breath huffing huge breathes, a bursting chuckle comes towards me "Park Aera, glad to see you still look as appealing as ever"

I combed my fingers through my long hair in attempts to fix it. I squint my eyes at the man standing proudly in front of me. His chest was puffed and his physique was bold. A large grin sparkled at me "yeaaaaahh, glad to see you again Seojun..." I murmur under my breath, my nose seemed to tense up at the huge amount of cologne he was wearing.

Harin surged in between the two of us "Now that we've been reunited after a looooooong break, how about we go out for dinner~!" She smacked her pink glossy lips at me.

"Only if Aera agrees, if so I'll attend" Seojun lowered his gaze at me. I avert my eyes away from him, clearly not wanting to negotiate further.

" you guys know I don't do outings with the council" harin frowned at my statement "but, but, it's our last year as members so it will be special! Plus, it'll be fun this year I promise!" She classes my hands liked a sinner begging for forgiveness.

"Come on Aera, a little dinner won't hurt. Plus I'll make it interesting for the both of us" Seojun slyly used his finger to twist a strand of my air around it.

I look up at the ceiling squeezing my eyes shut as Harin and Seojun embraced me "ugh Fine! But as soon as I'm threw eating I'm leaving, got it?" I sternly pushed them off of me.

They both smiled widely, Seojun plastering an annoying looking smirk. "At least we'll see you there, then it's a date" he picked up his bag from the couch inside the room. As I groan, a whisk of hot air fans my ear.

"I'm looking forward to this" Seojun smiled down at me. I stand there unfazed and annoyed "good for you then" I fix my skirt, before leaving I tap his chest and walk out.

I mentally face palm as I walk away from the schools entrance "this is going to be a long and annoying night..."

end of chapter one.