0:4

< 🎸>

I inhale a long breathe, holding it in for a moment before releasing. stepping into the subway, I find a small seat in the corner. I sit down placing my bag on my lap neatly; the tiredness from my body responses. 

I close my eyes taking in the noises coming from around me, chattering individuals to the subways roars as it drove. it was all calming in some way, I loved it all. A slight vibration from my side pulls me out of rest. I dig my hand through my pocket to take out my phone. 

My heavily tired eyes gape at the messages popping up, one after the other. 

KIM SEOJUN: hello :) just to remind you i'll have dinner ready by 7 tonight! I'm going to make a special recipe just for the occasion, I hope you love jjigae! 

KIM SEOJUN: I hope you can enjoy yourself tonight, I don't want to pry too much on your free time... however this little "date" will be made up with delicious food cooked by me! 

KIM SEOJUN:  more importantly, get home safely. I'll be awaiting your arrival, Aera. 

soon after the subway ride home, I walk the narrow pavement leading to the front entrance. I strip off my shoes, replacing them for slippers to walk inside. Rusting coming from the downstairs living room catches my attention.  

"welcome home Aera, how was school?" my mother glanced up from her laptop. I trudged away heading towards the staircase"Busy as usual" I uttered nonchalant "I see. well, dinner is stored for you in the stove" she takes off her glasses, setting them on the round wooden coffee table. 

"Actually...i've been invited over to dinner by a, friend"  she glances up from her screen. "A friend?" 

I curl my hands in a tight fist, holding back my nerves. Sweat building up from the heat being exposed within my palms "y-yes that's right" 

My mother huffed a breath towards me, her eyes narrowed as her eyebrows furrowed inward. I could tell she knew something was up: maybe I was lying to do something I wasn't supposed to. 

I gulped as a method to ease myself from this awkward silence. her long pause was becoming too much to bare. "And who us this friend? and why at this hour?" she examined my skittish movements.