Anniversary Gift

Location: Azur Lane Naval Headquarters, Pacific Region, 2000 Hrs

On a rampant stormy night, lies a huge naval base few kilometres off the US Naval Base of Pearl Harbor, Azur Lane Pacific Region HQ served as a second auxillary base for maritime defence, spotlights are constantly probing the air in search of any possible threats, lots of marines also srationed in the base guarding the perimeters.

One huge building still lit up with bright yellow lights, it was the Admiral Hall, the heart of Azur Lane HQ, Ishui Kamakura, one of the notable Admirals working with Azur Lane under the recommendation of JSDF, approved by the International Council for Maritime Affairs or ICMA, was pushing a cart full of paperworks, this is currently his 4th hurdle during the day, usually he only do his paperwork twice a day, morning and night time, but since tension is in all time high between 2 global superpowers, notably the USA and Soviet Russia.

This is you, Ishui Kamakura

After The Second Great War that ended in Allied Victory, Soviet Russia still stands albeit under different leader that hopefully able to cooperate with USA.

But enough about current politics, right now our protagonist still pushing the cart filled current stack of paperwork.

"Hopefully the paperwork is not too serious...I already did the logistic reports, training report, security and many more...my back is killing me..." Ishui sighed while cracking his neck and then opened the door to his office, as he opened it, the room was a mess, he barely cleaned it up since he's been doing marathon of paperwork from dawn till dusk, he always remembered that Royal Maids always helped him cleaning up the room, and now he barely seeing them everyday.

"Guess they are busy with others..." he said while putting the cart next to his desk and finally grabbed the first batch.

"Okay let's see here...hmm, food supplies? We still have lots...good enough to last until the next resupplying day..." he said while checking the boxes of the availability of food supplies.

He put the first batch of report to the lower part of the cart, it had a labeled "Finished" on it, then he proceeded to continue the second batch, it was about the budget spending, he always sighed on this part because he got chewed up several times for unauthorised spending of the Military Budget given by the ICMA

"Ughh....what now....15 million dollars on other spending? Even ammunition and logistics didn't spend that much..." he sighed as he put the pen down and massaged the sides of his head because of dizziness, he was too tired to continue but he had to finish this report as soon as he can, and that is when his train of thoughts were interrupted by the door opening, revealing one of the Royal Navy ships, HMS Warspite

"Good Evening, Admiral Kamakura, permission to enter your office?" Warspite greeted him with a warm smile, before bowing at him, her sword was sheathed on her waist, she also wore her usual attire complete with the Union Jack cape.