204 | Annual Brotherhood Meeting

"I HEARD THAT VIKTOR'S the one who bailed Keigo out from jail after his asshole of a father told the authorities that he's the mastermind behind the theft incident," Hiro tells Max as the two sat face to face inside Hiro's van. After the kidnapping incident, Hiro and Max were able to talk about their past, opening new doors for Max to discover himself personally.

    Now Hiro was driving him back to the convenience store where he first took him so he could go back to his friends.

     "When did you discover that Viktor's still alive?" Max asks, now drinking the same wine that Hiro was having earlier.

     "After the bombing incident, our family took the initiative to look through the entire situation. That's when we discovered he was still alive. We were actually invited to the family's funeral too, but my father was still afraid to leave the country, so we didn't go," Hiro explains before touching his chin as he thinks of something.

     "I'm not certain if Viktor knows, but do you think he helped Keigo because he knows about his family background?" Hiro then asks.

     Max thought about it too, and earlier, he had this idea that Keigo being a part of the Takemitsu Clan could be the reason why Viktor helped him and made him an underling of Hee-joon's brotherhood, but he's not entirely sure about that either.

     "I don't remember much, but what I do know is that Viktor never really cared about Crème de la Crème or anything related to it. But I do solely believe that he helped him because of his extraordinary skills as a hacker," Max answers, making Hiro chuckle and look out of the car window again.

     "Keigo is an amazing boy, and I see a bright future for him. No one knows he's part of our family, and I want to keep it that way. I don't know how you two became acquainted, and I believe that this request may burden you more, adding to the weight you already carry on your back, but I hope you can look after him. This is a selfish request from his cousin," Hiro says before giving Max a respectful bow.

     Max was surprised, but he nodded his head anyway.

     "You didn't have to say all that. Keigo's my friend. I'll definitely be there if anything were to happen to him. But to honor your request, I will keep this as a promise," Max says, making Hiro smile.

     Soon after, the van parks in front of the convenience store so Hiro can finally drop the heir off.

     "Looks like we part ways here," Hiro says, grabbing the wine glass from Max's hand. "Keigo wanted to bring you all to the main house, but I told him that it may not be a good idea to bring all those heirs there. Besides, I'm pretty busy right now, so you'll have to head back home for now."

     "Thank you for everything, Hiro. I know this might not be much to you, but I'll definitely remember my past so we can share stories of our first meeting," Max then says, surprising Hiro.

     Hiro then chuckles at the promise, but then he nods his head before finally opening the door for Max. Max steps out of the van, and then he bows to Hiro again, making him laugh this time.

     "I can tell now why my cousin had a huge crush on you," Hiro suddenly blurts out, instantly making Max's eyes widen in shock. He is about to retaliate and say that Keigo has gotten over him, but Hiro cuts him off and says, "The kid I once met has now become an incredible man. Let us meet again someday, Maximilian."

     Max wasn't able to say anything back as the door closed. And as they drive away, Max smiles and waves goodbye before running back to the ramen shop where all his friends can be found.