Chapter 3 - Searching

'God, Dani. You're so pathetic.' I say to myself out loud.
Shaking, I stand up. I quickly dust myself off, and start walking.
I start humming again. I can't remember the lyrics to the song,though.

Then of course, me being the clumsy idiot I am, I trip over a stray brick.

"SH*T!" I scream, as the sharp edge of the brick slices open my leg.
Thick, scarlet liquid comes gushing out if my wound, and I hiss in pain.
I reach into my rug sack and pull out the mini first aid kit that I stole from an abandoned supermarket once.
I grab a bottle of water from my bag, and try my best to clean the jagged cut that stretches down my lower leg. Before the blood can start flowing, I reach into the first aid kit and pull out a roll of that material bandage stuff.
I tightly wrap it around my leg, using the entire roll up.
I admire my handiwork, then painfully try to stand up.

As soon as I stand, the blood starts flowing again.

I'm gonna have to go find another super market or something to get more medical supplies.

I walk slowly for the next 20 minutes, looking for some sort of shop that may have medical supplies stocked up in it.

Then, finally, I find a building labeled: ASDA 24 hours
Yep, I think I've found one.
My feet guide me to the glass 'Automatic' doors.
Oh, please. They don't even budge.
So, I did the most sensible thing I could do in this situation.
Of course, I threw a rock at the doors.

The glass panels smashed into billions of tiny shards that flew through the air, I sheltered my face from any potential harm, but no glass touched me.

So, stepping over the glass, I walk into the building.