Chapter 10 - Healing

(JACKSON'S P.O.V:)
I lean down and pick her up gently, trying not to wake her. She just clings to me tightly and sobs even louder, yet she doesn't wake up.

I carry her over stones and bricks. For a good 20 minutes, I walk towards my 'home'.

My home is just an abandoned building that wasn't that badly damaged in the wars. It has a few cracks here and there, but it has lasted me for the last year or so.

I carefully guide her light body around my shelves and tables, and lay her on the dusty bed. Making sure she is still asleep, I reach down towards her leg, where her wound is.
I peel the grotty bandage off.
I nearly have a heart attack.

Huge chunks of dirt are wedged into her bloodied leg. Pus is slowly dribbling down to her ankle. Dried blood cakes the dirty cloth.

Working quickly, I grab my first aid kit.
I clean the wound gently, pour huge amounts of cream onto it, and wrap a clean cloth on it.

I think Dani may have forgotten that I actually went to medical school for a year as soon as I dropped out of college when I was 16. Ha......
And somehow, Dani managed to stay asleep through this all.

----------------------------------------------------------------
(DANI'S P.O.V:)
I have no more dreams, yet I can't help feeling that something is doing something to my leg while I rest in this void of despair.
After a few more hours of slumbering, I finally open my eyes.
"WHERE THE HELL AM I?!" I scream, when I see the surroundings. Clean, wallpapered walls. Carpeted floors. Pristine wooden shelves. A large, wooden table. Photos. Rugs. Clocks. Calendars. But what amazes me the most is what I am sleeping on. A huge, plush bed with clean, crisp and warm sheets stands beneath me. Soft, squishy pillows cushion my throbbing head.
Am I dead?
Am I in heaven?
HAVE I BEEN ABDUCTED BY FRIGGING ALIENS!?!?
----------------------------------------------------------------------