Ahhh! Giant Talking Rat!

For mandylaren23!

*Gives tissues* 

Enjoy! 

~*~

"Ooo, gum!" 

Mikey saw a piece of gum on the ground and picked it up, intending to put it in his mouth. He yelped in suprise when Donnie whacked his hand with his staff. 

"Ow! What was that for?!" Mikey pouted while rubbing his hand. "You can't just eat random things you find on the ground Mikey, it could be dangerous!" Donnie responded firmly. 

"But we found that pizza on the rooftop during out first patrol and that was awesome!" Mikey argued. "He's got a point." Raph added, leaning up against a building. 

"Just don't eat things you find on the ground, okay little brother?"  Leo sighed. "Fine!" Mikey sighed as well. The turtles continued their route around the city. 

It wasn't Iong before they ran into trouble. Or, rather, trouble ran into them. As the masked terrapins turned a corner, they ran straight into Fishface. 

"Hello, turtles!" The mutant sushie item grinned. He was holding a strange-looking purple gun with a glass bulb on top that glowed. "What do you want?" Raph demanded.

"You'll find out!" Fishface replied with a chuckle. Without warning, he started firing the gun, aiming it at the turtles. A beam shot out of it each time as the turtles yelped and scrambled to avoid it. 

"No fair fish dude! Its not a fair fight!" Mikey complained as he did a front flip to avoid a beam. "Oh, but it is turtle!" Fishface fired the gun. 

The beam hit Mikey straight in the head before the youngest could move. Mikey fell to the ground, unconscious. "Mikey!" Leo, Raph, and Donnie ran to him, checking his pulse and breathing. 

Fishface took this opportunity to escape. "He's breathing, but obviously whatever Fishface shot him with rendered him unconscious." Donnie explained. 

"So what do we do?" Raph asked as he rubbed Mikey's head. "We have to get him home and wait for him to wake up." Leo responded. With that, Raph carefully picked up Mikey bridal-style and carried him home. 

When the turtles arrived at the lair, Splinter saw the state Mikey was in and started firing questions immediately. "What happened to Michelangelo? Is he alright? Why is he unconscious?" 

"Fishface zapped him with some sort of ray gun, we don't know what it was, and we just have to wait for him to wake up." Leo explained. Donnie instructed Raph to lay Mikey on a cot in the lab. 

Karai came in a few moments later. "What happened?!" She was at Mikey's side instantaneously. Splinter explained while stroking Mikey's head softly. For what seemed like hours, Leo, Raph, Donnie, Karai, and Splinter watched over Mikey. 

They were all extremely worried. Raph was even close to crying. Karai noticed and hugged him. "He's going to be okay, otouto..." Raph rubbed his eyes and leaned on his older sister, cuddling up to her. 

"We don't know that, ane..." He whispered. Everyone looked down at Mikey as Splinter whispered some prayers under his breath, a mix of Japanese and English. 

Two hours later, Mikey woke up. He sat up and looked around. Karai was standing there watching over him as  the others had gone to get water and other things to help Mikey when he woke up. 

Karai saw Mikey was awake and gasped. "Mikey, you're awake! How do you feel? Are you okay?" She asked, moving closer to the cot. Mikey looked up at her in confusion.