Chapter 1

Faasle
                   ~ Aditya Rikhari

______________________________________

"If only you saw what I can see
You'll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm lookin' at you, and I can't believe
You don't know, oh-oh
You don't kno- "

"Get away!"

WHO TF??!

"AAHHH"

I fell real bad and my headphones went flying into the unknown.

I looked behind and saw a guy riding his cycle at full speed. Did he just tripped me and got away with it! Not even an apology? The audacity of some people I swear -

He could at least let the chorus be finished.

Wait...my HEADPHONES! Where is it? I can still hear faint music playing. It has to be somewhere near. I bent and looked all over the place and bushes.

Yup after a total of 6.5 minutes I found it.
I held my headphones like a mom who just found her long lost baby "MY LOML!! I MISSED YOU- "

"You're cringing out Zaira"

Oh meet 'Circuit'. A faceless voice in my head who speaks only when not needed.

" I do not"

Whatever.

As I was talking to circuit , I noticed my scraped knees. Thank god it didn't bleed much but it still hurts...I need to get it aided. I'll get some band aids from the convenience store. As it is I was headed there only. What upsets me more is that my headphones got damaged. They were my favourite. I swear l'm gonna kick that cycle guy if I see him again!

"Are you alright?"
A voice asked from behind. I turned around and-

HOLY SHIT-

It was the most exquisite face I had seen! I bet god emptied the treasures of beauty to carve him.
(get the kesariya reference?)

He asked again "Are you alright? I actually saw what happened earlier......"

Oh god I'm embarrassed "Yeah I'm fine just a little blood.."

I tried to walk to show him I'm actually fine but one step and I was out.

"I can give you a ride if you want?" he asked

"Oh thank you so much for the offer but l'll manage. Its fine" I replied

"Well clearly you're not fine. Let me give you a ride, I promise I'm no kidnapper"

"That's not what I meant- "

" Where are you headed to?" he asked

"The convenience store"

"Oh me too" he said

And so I got on his bicycle and we headed to the convenience store. To be honest it is awkward going with a stranger but I'm helpless right now. Plus he seems like a nice guy, I can sense it.

We chatted on our way and I came to know he's been here for years as his family has a business in New York. Also we both share the same uni too, he's in third year I'm in first. Nice I'll get to see him more often now. Not that I'm complaining. He seems to know all the locals here and I don't even know the roads since I am new here. Currently I am living with my friend Jude but I'll have to move out real quick as her parents are returning and they don't allow her to share the room. Its so difficult finding a decent flat in New York at affordable price. Anyways that's another problem I have to sort out soon.

We reached the store and I got some band aids to heal my cut. I also got some snacks and groceries. He just got a lollipop and was happily licking it.

"You were headed to the store just for a lollipop?" I laughed

"Yeah. I was craving it. Do you want some?" he took out the one from his mouth and offered me.

"Ew gross, I don't want that"

"Chill chill I was just kidding." He laughed "Do you need anything else? Shall we head back?"

"Yeah lets go"

I gave Jude's address and told him to drop me there. We reached in 10 minutes.

I got off the cycle and tidied my dress while he stood there.

Finally he said, "So lets meet at the uni when it reopens"

"Sure" I smiled. Feels like I made a new friend.

He was about to go back when he turned "We talked so much but didn't even introduced ourselves."

" Arre yes I totally forgot about it" I laughed

"Namjoon" he said smilng slightly.

"huh?"

"My name. It's Namjoon. Kim Namjoon from South Korea."

"Oh, I am Zaira. Zaira Bali from India."

"Zaira" he repeated. "That's such a beautiful name." he said and went back his way.

I stood there still for a whole minute processing what he just said.

"you're blushing Zaira"

"I am not Circuit."

Whatever.

───

A/N

FIRST CHAPTER PUBLISHEDDDD!
the draft of this chapter was written in September '22 :0

HOW WAS ITTTT??

I'll be recommending a song at the beginning of every chapter or a song that matches the vibe of the chapter. Feel free to listen to it while reading <3

Thankyou so much for reading ♡