Peach's building Project

"There you two are!" Peach smiled softly as she saw Daisy and Luigi come down the hall and over to the conference room, "everyone is already inside."

"Even King Boo?" Luigi asked, hesitating before he would go in. Peach nodded, "he arrived a few minutes ago. He was actually asking for you."

Luigi tensed up at the mention of King Boo asking for him, unsure of how to react. He knew that it was suspicious to not say anything, but he also didn't want Daisy, or Peach to have to worry. He had defeated King Boo over three times when saving Peach, and Mario, from becoming apart of Boo's art gallery. One would think that he would have no issue with sitting in a simple meeting after that. Then again, many seemed to underestimate Luigi quite a lot these days.

Luigi clenched his fists and took a breath, fixing his cap before entering the meeting room. Peach looked over at Daisy, taking notice of her cousin's worried expression. Peached shooed her guards back to their places and went a few paces away with Daisy.

"Did something happen while you two were playing your game earlier?" The mushroom princess asked her cousin, who wasn't sure on how to respond. Daisy knew that Luigi trusted her silence above all else in their friendship, but this was her cousin. She couldn't afford to loose Peach's support by keeping secrets. Daisy swallowed her own pride and let out the air she was subconsciously holding.

"Luigi told me that some of the toads have been talking behind his back," She admitted, knowing that bit of information was better shared then the fact that King Boo had been trying to make a pass. Peach frowned at these words, fidgeting with her hands for a moment. As much as she tried to ignore it, she had noticed the times where Luigi would be pushed aside in Mario's limelight. She had always made sure to thank Luigi herself after the pageantry—and yet she was realizing that her efforts were in slight vain.

"Did Luigi say anything on the things he's heard?"

Daisy shook her head, "Nothing specific, no." She rested her fist against her cheek, trying to think. Peach looked to the conference doors and bit her lip, unsure if it would be beneficial to talk to Luigi after the meeting. After some silence, Daisy gently placed her hand on Peach's shoulder. "Come on, let's try not to worry about it right now. You have a meeting to head." Peach smiled softly and nodded, gently taking Daisy's hand, "You're right. Let's go."

The tension in the conference room was as thick as winter fog. It was the unspoken type of tension where you knew something happened but weren't sure if it was rude to ask. Luigi sat on Peach's left side, next to Daisy, opposite of King Boo and two ghostly advisors. Peach had done most of the talking, showing off blueprints for a giant storage house that was to be kept on the west side of the kingdom.

King Boo seemed to be half paying attention, only speaking up after the means of formality went straight out the window. "Not that your little project is stupid, Peachy," — the King spoke as if he and Peach had been acquaintances for years—,"But where do you plan to get the wood for this.. storage shed?" Although it seemed as if the King's violet eyes were on the Princess, Luigi could feel Boo's stare burning into his skin. He only relaxed as he felt Daisy squeeze his hand under the table.

Peach cleared her throat and looked pointedly at the ghostly King. She faltered for a moment before fixing her stance. "Our last storage unit was destroyed in Bowser's most recent attack," she stated, pulling up footage of the incident. "Daisy has been a saint in supplying as much wood as she can in compliance with the Kongs, but the wood on the outskirts of the Koopahari desert is too dry from the sun."

Boo crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at her. "You act like that's new information," he deadpanned, staring at the Mushroom monarch as if she was incompetent. Mario was about to retaliate when Peach gently placed a hand on his shoulder, silently assuring him that she could handle the situation. The sight caused the Boo underlings to snicker.