Chapter 3: A Trip Down Memory Lane

"...Be sure to be on the lookout for this boy. He was last seen four days ago, and his rightful guardians are offering a reward for the one who brings him back. Here is his physical description: black, bowl-shaped hair; round, expressionless eyes; a height of five-foot-two-inches; a weight of 97 pounds; and a not very athletic physical structure. Please let the authorities know if you see him wandering around..."

Y/n stared at the screen of her television with wide eyes and her jaw dropped. "hUH?!"

"It's such a shame to hear about missing kids like that," Mrs. L/n sighed. She was finishing up Y/n's bento box for school. Once she finished wrapping it up, she handed the bento to her daughter. "Be safe on your way to school alright? I don't want you getting kidnapped like that poor boy probably has."

"I will, Mom," Y/n promised, placing her bento box inside her bookbag. Mrs. L/n planted a quick kiss on Y/n's cheek.

"I'll see you after school then." Mrs. L/n smiled.

Y/n realized that she had to give Mob certain instructions while she was gone. "Oh! I forgot to grab my sweater."

She ran up the stairs and flung open the door to her bedroom. Mob was reading the first volume of Y/n's favorite manga, but paused right when he saw her enter the room. Y/n shut the door quietly, then approached Mob, feeling out of breath from the quick sprint.

"Listen, I have to go to school today," Y/n began. "That means I'll have to leave you here until I get back. Please promise me you won't leave the room."

Mob tilted his head to the side. "How come?"

"My mom works from home, so she doesn't usually leave the house," Y/n explained. "She can't know you're here. I don't want her to flip out and send you away before I can get the chance to explain things to her."

"I understand." Mob nodded his head.

Y/n rummaged through her bag and pulled out a bunch of snacks. "Here, I've got some snacks for you to eat if you get hungry, and you can use anything I have in this room if you get bored. I trust that you won't break anything, so I don't mind. Oh, and one more thing! If my mom decides to come into my room, hide in the closet or under the bed."

"Sure," Mob agreed. He didn't want to be captured just as much as Y/n did.

Y/n smiled gratefully. "Great! I'll see you after school."

Mob waved his hand with a small smile on his face. "Bye."

As soon as Y/n shut the door, she immediately bit down a squeal. That little wave was so cute!

✿ ✿ ✿

"How come I didn't see you at all this weekend?" Emi asked when Y/n arrived at school.

"My parents were out of town and I had to watch over the house," Y/n half-lied.

Emi furrowed her brow slightly. "That hasn't stopped us from hanging out before. How is this any different?"

Y/n could feel a small bead of sweat trickle down her forehead. "I... I don't really know. You know how my parents are."

"Alright." Emi didn't look too much into it, which made Y/n grateful to have her as a friend. Y/n liked how trustworthy and respectful Emi was, unlike their other friends, who were quite the opposite. Speaking of said friends–

"Y/n, Emi, there you two are!" Miyuki fumed. Y/n saw that Ren, Haruka, and Takara were standing close behind Miyuki, and they all looked annoyed.

"You didn't meet us at our usual spot," Haruka accused.