☆ (insecurities) earth x mars ☆

requested by @AEXLOTI_4444 and @iiivemms

photo above made by me ^^

takes place during why do we want to live on mars

♡♡♡
---------

"i guess dreaming about you is easier than dealing with what there doing to me..." earth said, looking away from mars. mars just fell silent.

"o-oh... geez man, i'm sorry. that just got deep..." mars said. "y-you wanna get back to playing cards?"

earth just nodded, giving mars a small smile. mars picked up the cards floating near by and gave them to earth. they kepted on playing but mars felt really guilty.

he never really knew earth was that sensitive about his earthlings. earth was already trying to be the best home for them. and with them trying to colonize mars, it probably made earth feel like he wasn't a good enough home for them.

meanwhile, earth was trying to forget the situation. but there conversation repeated in his head. he knew it was stupid to feel bad about this. if, anything he should be happy that mars is getting more attention.

but it still pained him.

earth dropped his cards. mars looked up. "hey, you ok?" he asked, concerned for his friend. "i'm sorry, i just need a minute.." and with that he was gone.

earth went away, out of his orbit. away from anyone, where no planet could see him. not even moon followed him.

by now his throat felt sore and his eyes were watery. earth knew it was stupid to cry over this, but he couldn't help it.

...

mars looked around. earth still hadn't came back. it had been almost an hour by now. "moon, can you stay here? i'm gonna go check on earth." mars said, clearly worried. moon just nodded.

mars went in the direction he remembered earth going to. he couldn't have gone that far, right?

eventually, he had finally saw a figure I the distance, earth. earth was facing the other direction, so he couldnt see mars. mars just got closer to the other. but then he stopped.

once mars had seem a close look at him, he was shaking, somthing was clearly wrong. mars could also here small whimpering.

..i-is he crying?

after a while mars finally gathered the courage to go to the other. it just didn't feel right to him to leave the other like this for any longer.

"hey." mars blatantly said, trying to get the others attention. earth jumped. he was surprised by hearing the others voice.

earth turned around, facing the smaller planet. earth's face was covered in tears. he was crying.

"o-oh! h-hey mars!" earth said, trying to make it look like he wasn't just crying. "earth.. are you ok? you've been gone for almost an hour."

earth opened his mouth, but nothing came out. but just seeing mars remined him of it.. earth slightly turned away from the other.

"i'm- i'm, s-sorry-" he barley got out. earth started crying again, tears falling rapidly down his face. this sickened mars. mars hated seeing earth like this.

"...earth," mars started. mars faced earth, and softly placed his forehead on the other's. (rip earthlings 😭😭)

earth blushed at this sudden affection. "i don't want to see you crying like this.. i am really worried about you." "I-" he struggled to think of anything to say. he was to flustered to do anything.

the two just stayed like that for a while, earth slowly calming down. earth pulled away first as he opened his eyes.

"you ok?" mars asked earth. "mhm.. yeah." earth said. mars smiled, knowing he was able to cheer his "friend" up.

mars moved up and kissed earth on the cheek. "good. now, let's go back."

♡♡♡
---------

a/n ▪︎ hey i'm back. sorry for not updating for over a week. also thanks for all the nice comments and votes! i'll definitely try to update more often.