★chapter 7★

stars

chapter 7

tw:

smoking addiction, anything else that i forgot to mention

Scarlett's emotions were often belittled by the public or she became coddled to the point she would rather do everything to ignore her emotions. She learned to never let her true feelings show, this method often seeped into her life outside of fame. Pushing others away, hiding everything until she exploded.

This sometimes paid off especially, right now where she was sitting in a stuffy interview room with Finn listening to an interviewer who was suspiciously only asking Finn questions about acting and Scarlett about her outfits and makeup.

Scarlett went over her usual routine during interviews like this. Smile and nod. Quite simple yes. Yet, Scarlett still rolled her eyes enough for her eyes to roll out of her head.

"Best question for last, Scarlett people have been questioning your rivalry with Louis Partridge?"

Now this question caught her attention, she could feel Finn trying to stifle a laugh next to her. She was expecting questions like this, her and Louis are still blowing up and it's been two months.

"Oh yes of course," She let out a dry chuckle "I'm sure everyone's aware of me and Louis going against each other in 'The Best Actor Award'. If I'm being completely and utterly fucking honest, I barely remember the night the photos of me and Louis almost kissing were taken." adding air quotes to the "almost kissing" as Finn burst out laughing stammering to find words to explain why he's hyperventilating with laughter, Scarlett glaring at him yet there's a small smile on her lips after seeing her best friend laughing so hard.

"I-I- remember that night- god it was so funny," a laugh between almost each word, "You were so wasted you basically stumbled all the way to your room." his finger pointed into Scarlett's face as she reached out to bite it, Finn jumping back in retaliation with an offended expression. The interviewer chuckled in response before ending the interview.

"Moving on so fast Scarlett?"

Scarlett rolled her eyes at the message. Her finger hovering over the send button the written-up message reading "Fuck off".

Vinnie Hacker, Scarlett's ex that cheated on her with another random tiktok star. Scarlett remembers when she got a text from Olivia Rodrigo breaking the news about it. Reporting that she saw them openly making out in the middle of a PR party.

Scarlett also remembers the terrible panic attack she had after, and embarrassingly on set with all of her friends who helped calm her down before declaring that Vinnie was a dead man walking. Breaking the news to the cheating boy was even better. She put on her best smile invited him over for dinner before breaking the news to him with a sadistic smile. Vinnie looked as if his soul jumped out of his body when she cocked her head to scare him further.

He spat many excuses and had even tried gaslighting her before she laughed in his face and told him to get out. Before he had any time to say anything else she glared at him sharp enough to pierce him. The breakdown after that was not much better than the situation itself.