Chapter 2: The Experiment

Mr. Smith stood up from his chair and extended his hand towards me. "Hello, Bryan. I hear you're one of the top-ranked students in this school," he said, a smile on his face.

I shook his hand, feeling a bit nervous. "Uh, yes, sir. I try my best," I replied, feeling a bit intimidated by his presence.

"Well, that's good to hear. You see, Bryan, we're conducting a study on the different problems that boys and girls face in school because of the education system," Mr. Smith explained, his tone serious.

I frowned, not quite understanding where this was going. "Okay, what does that have to do with me?" I asked, feeling a bit confused.

Mr. Smith looked at my parents before answering. "We would like you to attend an academic year undercover as a girl," he said, his voice low.

I felt my jaw drop. "What? You want me to go to school as a girl?" I exclaimed, feeling a mix of shock and disbelief.

"Yes, we believe that you would be the perfect candidate for this study. You're one of the highest-ranked students, and we're willing to pay you a good amount for your participation," Mr. Smith explained, his tone persuasive.

My mom looked at him skeptically. "But how will he even do that? Won't he be made fun of?" she asked, her voice worried.

Mr. Smith shook his head. "No, no one will know. We'll make sure of it. And we'll also provide you with the necessary training to pass as a girl," he assured her.

My dad spoke up. "But won't this take a toll on his grades? He can't just change his entire identity and expect to keep up with his studies," he said, his voice stern.

Mr. Smith smiled. "Don't worry, if he participates in this study, he will get a fully funded scholarship to any university of your choice," he said, his tone confident.

I looked at my parents, feeling a bit conflicted. On one hand, this was a golden opportunity to secure my future, but on the other hand, the thought of going to school as a girl was mortifying. My dad looked at me and spoke, "What do you think, Bryan?"

I hesitated for a moment before replying. "I don't know, it sounds kind of crazy," I said, my voice unsure.

Mr. Smith spoke up again. "You don't have to decide now. Take some time to think about it. We'll be in touch," he said before standing up and leaving the room.

As soon as he left, my parents turned to me. "What do you want to do, Bryan? It's your decision," my mom said, her voice gentle.

I sighed, feeling overwhelmed. "I don't know. It's a lot to think about," I replied, feeling lost. My dad placed a hand on my shoulder. "Whatever you decide, we'll support you," he said, his voice reassuring.

The next few days were a blur. I couldn't focus on anything other than the decision I had to make. I knew that going through with the study would be difficult, but the promise of a fully funded scholarship was too good to pass up. After discussing it with my parents, we finally came to a decision. We would do it.

Mr. Smith came to our house to discuss the details. "You will have to attend a summer camp where we will teach you how to be a girl and turn you into a complete lady," he said, his tone serious.

I felt a lump form in my throat. "What does that even mean?" I asked, my voice shaky.

Mr. Smith explained, "You'll learn things like how to walk, talk, and dress like a girl. You'll also have to learn how to apply makeup and style your hair. It won't be easy, but we'll make sure you're prepared."

I nodded, feeling a bit overwhelmed. "Okay, when does the camp start?" I asked. "It starts in two weeks. We'll provide you with everything you need, including clothes, makeup, and a wig. You'll be living in a dorm with other girls who are also participating in the study," Mr. Smith replied.

Over the next two weeks, I tried to mentally prepare myself for what was to come. I couldn't help but feel nervous and scared about the entire situation. What if I wasn't able to pass as a girl? What if I was made fun of? These thoughts kept me up at night, but I reminded myself of the scholarship and how it would secure my future.