Chapter 20: Levi

I had been standing by the bathroom, minding my own business and sipping my punch when someone shoved me inside. They covered my mouth so I couldn't scream, and the sound of the door locking echoed around the small space. I opened my eyes, and in the dim light, I could make out Levi's face. His hand still clamped tightly over my mouth, and his eyes were dark and dangerous.

"What the fuck are you doing, Levi?" I tried to speak, but my voice came out muffled.

"Shut the fuck up," he hissed. His breath was hot and smelled of alcohol.

"Levi, you're drunk. Let me go," I pleaded.

He shook his head, "You don't know what you've done to me, Heather. You were perfect. Don't let Sarah get in between us. She was just a fling."

My eyes widened in horror, and I struggled against his grip. "I can't be with you, Levi," I said, the tears streaming down my face.

As I spoke, I felt Levi's hot breath on my neck. I shuddered and tried to push him away, but he only held me tighter. "Levi, what are you doing?" I managed to say, my voice trembling.

He didn't answer, but instead started kissing my neck. I felt his hands roaming up and down my body, and I struggled to get free. "Stop it, Levi! This isn't right!" I yelled, but he only pressed himself closer to me.

"You don't understand, Heather," he whispered in my ear. "I need you. I can't live without you." His words were slurred and his breath reeked of alcohol. I knew then that he was beyond reason.

I continued to fight him off, but he was too strong for me. The more I struggled, the more forceful he became. "You belong to me, Heather. Don't you see that?" he said, his voice rising in anger.

I felt his hand creep up my thigh, and I knew what he was about to do. Just as his fingers reached my crotch, someone knocked on the door.

"Hey, I gotta use the bathroom. Make it quick," a voice called out. It was Harry.

I pushed Levi off me, my heart racing. "Harry, help me!" I cried out.

Harry recognised my voice and said, "Heather, what's wrong?"

Levi sensed he was about to get in trouble and made a run for it. He climbed out of the window and sprinted away into the yard.

I unlocked the door, and Harry rushed in. I fell into his arms, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Heather, what happened?" Harry asked, his voice laced with concern.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself. "It was Levi. He tried to touch me," I said, the words tumbling out in a jumble.

Harry's eyes widened in shock, and he pulled me closer. "Don't worry. You're safe now," he promised as he rubbed my head.

I stumbled out of Jessica's car, tears streaming down my face. "Thanks for driving me home," I choked out, my voice barely audible. "Don't worry, Heather. Levi will pay for what he did," she said, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I stumbled into my house and collapsed onto my bed, trying to process what had just happened. But my mind was racing, and I couldn't shake the feeling of Levi's hands on my body.

Unable to sleep, I decided to go to my old house and sleep with my brother, Darryl. As I entered his room, he looked up from his phone and smiled. "Hey Bryan, what's up?"

"Hey, do you mind if I sleep here tonight?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Of course not, come on," he said, patting the empty space next to him on the bed.

I crawled in next to him, curling up into a ball. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight. "Thanks for being here for me," I whispered, kissing his hand.

"Anytime, Bryan. I'm always here for you," he said, rubbing my back soothingly.

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on something else, anything other than the night's events. "Hey, Bryan, are you good?" he asked softly.

But I had already drifted off to sleep, my mind finally at ease in the safety of my brother's embrace.

The next morning, I woke up feeling groggy and anxious. The events from the previous night replayed in my head like a bad movie. I couldn't shake the feeling of Levi's hands on me, his breath hot on my neck. I knew I had to do something about it, but I didn't know where to start.

I decided to call Mr. Smith, "Hey, Mr. Smith," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "I can't handle this anymore."

"What's going on?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

"This guy tried touching me last night, and I'm afraid it might happen again," I said, my voice shaking.

"Who is it? Do you know him?" Mr. Smith asked.

I hesitated for a moment before answering. "It's a guy from my school, Levi Oken."

Mr. Smith was quiet for a moment before speaking again. "Don't worry, Heather. I'll handle it. He won't be bothering you again."

I felt a small sense of relief wash over me. "Thank you, Mr. Smith. I appreciate it."

"How's the study going?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

I sighed. "I just want to get this over with and go back to becoming Bryan."

"I know it's tough, but you're doing great," Mr. Smith said reassuringly. "We're making progress, and we'll get through this together."

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "Thanks, Mr. Smith. I'll talk to you soon."