{💙New Guy In Town💙; part.2}

After a few months of hanging out and getting to know each other, Usagi and Leo were able to become good friends

After a few months of hanging out and getting to know each other, Usagi and Leo were able to become good friends. Not just friends in forced environments, like the one they were currently in. The one where because of their appearances, no one else would be their friend. It became so much deeper than that.

They were able to be themselves around the other and express their passions without getting ridiculed or judged in anyway. Not even questioned because that's how similar they were. Of course everyone has their own unique aspects and one of them was flavors. Usagi was the kind of guy to like savory flavors. Like steak and carrots and just regular food that wasn't meant to be anything special. Leo was one of the loyal followers of sour/spicy flavors. The rush he got when eating spicy foods or just having some Mexican food that April had bought from somewhere in Washington Heights.

This led to an interesting discussion of what was a good middle ground. Developing ideas they had simultaneously decided that if it was shown to them they'd acknowledge it but never mention it. The arrangement wasn't made vocally either. As if they knew what the latter was thinking they just went on with more topics of conversation.

That may seem stupid to most, or at the very least boring, but it never bored Leo listen to Usagis' voice when he talked about a new movie he couldn't wait to watch about super heroes. Another thing they had in common of interest. He felt happy whenever the rabbit mutant would go to the lair and specifically look for the leader in blue because it meant he was special to the boy.

Usagi was special to Leo too. Whenever they would team up on patrols with Uki and Usagi, Leo would make sure Usagi was partnered with him or with Donnie. The reason was because he knew how his other brothers were and didn't want Usagi to think Leo was weird.

Why, you might ask? It's because the turtle with baggy pants let is slip he loved hanging out with Usagi by himself. He had meant to only tell Casey this when him and April visited but it was overheard by Splinter. After a round of training, Splinter popped an interesting question making the other brothers do their own investigations.

"I must ask Leonardo, what is it about this mutant you love hanging out with?" hell broke lose after that one. Mikey was chuckling like numbskull, Donnie gave a smirk accompanied with a side glance and Raph just crossed his arms with a smug expression.

One that surely meant, 'I told you~', referring back three weeks prior to this event. Sadly, because his father asked, Leo answered truthfully. Saying that from his interest and drive for succeeding in martial arts and compassion towards anyone, he couldn't help but admire him. At least that's what he had told his sensei. After leaving the dojo the brothers cornered him almost immediately.

"I can't believe Raph called it before me!" Mikey exasperated.

"I can." Donnie replied, while Raph just put his arm over his elder brothers shoulder. Leo rolled his eyes and looked away in embarrassment to hide the tiny blush forming.