The party

Heartbeats chapter 10- The party

~October 13th~

Selena's POV

- Look, I'm at work and we have nothing to talk about, okay? Leave me alone!- I say and turn off the phone.

I take a deep breath and brush all our memories off before I hear someone calling me.

- Sel, what do you have today? - Blake asks me as I sit at her table.

- General surgery, we have a Whipple scheduled in 2 hours.

- Did you eat yet?

- No, I was about to get a meal. I'll be back in a minute.

She nods and I go grab a sandwich and potato chips for lunch, as well as a coconut water box.

- Okay, here I am again. Who's with you today?- I ask Blake once I'm back at the table.

- Dr Wilson.- she rolls her eyes and I burst out laughing.

Dr Wilson is a jerk, but a genius ortho attendant.

- Is a double tibial fracture, it's going to take a while in surgery, but it's nothing as cool as a Whipple. And the patient is an stupid teenager that decided that Parkour was his passion.

I just shake my head and gulp down some coconut water.

- Well, let's hope he learns something from now on. Look, do you have any plans for halloween?- I ask her with a malicious smile.

- No, what are you planning?

- Nothing yet, but if you say yes I could be organizing a big halloween party between all the interns and some hospital staff. What do you think?- I ask her but already know the answer based on her surprised smile.

- Of course I'm saying a huge yes. Oh my God, this is going to be so fun! I'll text Taylor and the boys and ask them to meet us in our place tonight to give them all the details.

- Excellent!!- I smile wild and she sends them a text:

Emergency meeting at our place at 7pm.

Yes, we have a secret place in the hospital. It's nothing fancy, it's just an abandoned archive room, with no staff around and a place to have private conversations, which isn't easy upstairs on the surgical floor.

- Who do you think we should invite? Other than the interns, of course.

- Our resident If he wants to, because Ryan seems to be a party-guy, and those nice nurses, because they save our lives...- I stop to laugh and she joins me.

- Do you think our attendants would be there?

- Nah, I don't think so. They are older and tired people.

She nods.

- Okay, now I know who to invite. But where are we throwing this party?

- I thought we could borrow a house with a pool. Maybe Jack's house?

- Great Idea! And we should ask everyone to pay something, or just bring drinks and food?

- I think It's easier if everyone brings their own drinks, you know, not everyone drinks beer, not everyone drinks vodka... same with food. We can order pizza, buy snacks and burgers for a few, but It's great they bring food too.

We discuss a few more details before I head to the surgical floor for my whipple. I just hope I survive to the end of this shift.

7pm
I just got out of the shower. After a complicated surgery I was covered in blood, but now I'm back to my old self again.