"it's still hurts,"

Requested by cloeeee_
---------------------------------------

Stu's mother was dead. It was an accident, a car accident, she was driving back home after a long day at work and a drunk driver hit her. She died instantly.

She was never really present in stu's life. She was like a blur to him. She worked all day, only coming home to sleep before getting up and going to work.

Even on the days that she was home, she never really paid attention to stu. She would ignore him all day and completely forget that he exists. He sometimes scares her by accident, and that really hurts stu.

So when stu found out that his mother died, he shouldn't have felt anything for her because he didn't even know her.

But he couldn't help but break down when he learned that his mother was never coming home again.

His father completely ignored him, not offering any comfort, and he started to drink. He drank so much that he passed out in the living room.

Stu had locked himself in his room. He sat on his bed, hugging his knees to his chest, crying , slightly rocking himself back and forth.

The feelings that he was feeling didn't make much sense to him. He was crying over a complete stranger.

Stu sniffled as he heard noises coming from outside of his window. He heard the sliding of his window before seeing Billy crawling through his window, almost tripping,"shit," Billy quietly cursed

"Billy?what are you doing here?" Billy turned to look at him, his eyes softening . He walked over and sat in front of stu, reaching out and cupping his face

"Came over as soon as I heard. Why are you crying over someone who was a total stranger to you? Someone who forgot your existence?" Billy questioned, using his thumb to wipe away stu's tears.

"I don't know...it still hurts Billy, I never got to know her , and now she's gone," stu told him, sniffling

"She was my mom, and I never really got to her, and now I'll never will, and it hurts, it really hurts Billy," stu sobbed

Billy pulled stu into a hug and rubbed his back as he cried, "Shh, it's okay, it's going to be okay,"

"I'm sorry about your mom," he whispered, holding stu tighter , pressing a kiss to his head.

Billy held stu until he fell asleep, staying with him, holding him ,whispering sweet nothing when stu whimpered in his sleep.

Billy didn't get it. He didn't get why Stu would cry over someone who keeps forgetting that he exists. He doesn't get it, but he'll be there for stu anyway.
--------------------------------------------------
Word count - 446

Hope you enjoy

Sorry for it being so short!

I'll try and update as daily as I can!

Have a great day