Ch. 9

Kasdeya's upper arms were gripped tightly, a gloved hand going over her mouth as she tried to scream. She felt her body growing warmer, trying to burn whoever off of her.

   "That won't work us," one grumbled, yanking on her arm.

   Kasdeya was brought down a familiar corridor, the ghoulette beginning to panic. No, no, no, not again. Kasdeya tried to fight against the guards, but they forced her back, throwing her into a room where the cool air hit her immediately.

   "Fuck you!" She screamed, gripping the iron bars as she glared at the two guards in front of her.

   They separated, Sister Imperator walking through as she peered at Kasdeya. "You were caught out past curfew, you know that is against our rules."

   "Curfew? What the fuck is this bullshit? Not once has a curfew been in place. Terzo used to have midnight practices all the time because that's when he would always come up with songs." Kasdeya's eyes glowed a bright amber, her feet sizzling with the contact of the freezer floor.

   "Do not bring up his name!" Imperator shouted, reaching over to punch in a passcode. She turned the temperature down, well below zero degrees.

   "Why not? You're the bitch that killed him! Made me sit in there as you took off his head!" Kasdeya growled, trying to calm herself down. She couldn't waste all her energy right now, or she'd be fucked. "Terzo was loved by all, he had a fiancé, she was happy! You could have let them be and then you would have a whole new Emeritus bloodline. She was pregnant!"

   Imperator smirked, knowing something Kasdeya didn't. "I know."

   "What?"

   "Rose was pregnant with twins. After Terzo's death she lost one due to miscarriage from the stress. She came to me crying, she had just lost the love of her life and her child. She was hysteric, so I walked her down to the basement, trying to calm her. I brought her into a room before I stabbed her in the stomach." Imperator said with a wicked grin on her lips.

   "You bitch!" Kasdeya screamed, trying to claw at Imperator through the bars but she back away in time. "You left her to die! You're the one responsible for her losing her kid!"

   "She was not going to replace me!" Imperator shouted.

   Kasdeya paced the room back and forth, "she wasn't going to! She just wanted to marry Terzo and have a family with him!" Kasdeya's head was pounding. Her cycle was not liking the freezing temperature, her body in pain.

   "If those kids were born, she would take my place!" Imperator yelled. "She deserved to die. Besides, you wouldn't want something to happen to that Earth ghoul, now would you?"

   "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Kasdeya narrowed her eyes, rubbing her hands up and down her arms to create friction.

   Imperator smirked, "you'll know."

   She left after that, Kasdeya banging on the door, kicking it with her foot. "You stay the fuck away from Mountain!" She shouted, not wanting anything to happen to him because of her.

   Kasdeya ran her hands through her hair, sliding down the freezing wall. She hugged her knees to her chest, resting her chin on her legs. She leaned against the corner, scared that Imperator was going to hurt Mountain. She had nothing against him, but if it meant putting Kasdeya through more mental torture, then Imperator would do it. Kasdeya's eyes grew heavy, her body letting her heat fluctuate the rest of the night.

"Kas, this is Rose." Terzo introduced a woman with beautiful black skin and dark brown hair to the younger Fire ghoulette.

   "Hello," Rose gretted Kasdeya, being a little weary with this being her first time meeting a ghoul.