Ch. 21

"loving you is a losing game" arcade -duncan laurence

-------

"Earth!" Kasdeya jumped up on his back, Earth groaning from the sudden impact.

He wrapped his arms around her legs, Water chuckling, happy to see Kasdeya getting better. "Hello to you too, Kas," Earth slid her down, Kasdeya pouting as he did.

"Water?" He sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to resist her pouting. It always worked on him. He let her climb up on his back, walking with her on his back as they went out toward the barn. "Have either of you seen Zephyr or Omega lately?"

"I think they got hitched," Earth hummed, Kasdeya and Water both turning to look at him with shocked expressions.

"What?!" They said at the same time.

"You didn't know this?" Earth looked at them like they'd been living under a rock.

"Earth, how do you know everything? It's always been you who knows all the gossip," Kasdeya rested her chin on Water's shoulder.

A look was shared between Earth and Water without Kasdeya's knowing. "I'm just special like that, and Pebble told me."

"Fucking Pebble," Water grumbled, knowing the shortest drummer always knew everything about everyone. "What do you want to do Kasdeya?"

"I just couldn't stay in my room any longer," she hummed, Water and Earth walking outside. They headed toward the stables, a smile growing on Kasdeya's face.

She jumped off Water's back, running to the stable where she immediately went to Judas. She stroked the horse's face, the dark bay nuzzling her hair. "I knew this would put you in a good mood, you haven't been out to see him in forever," Water said while grabbing her saddle, and handing it to Kasdeya.

"Thank you," Kasdeya smiled at her old bandmates, tying up Judas.

Earth grabbed his saddle, shrugging as he passed Kasdeya, "this was all his idea but I would love to take the credit, you're welcome."

Water rolled his eyes, putting his saddle on Cain, she was a rocky mountain breed. Earth saddled up Able, a warmblood that was high-strung. They mounted their horses, cantering down the trails in single file. Kasdeya took the lead on Judas, the Mustang loving to run fast. He began galloping as Cain tried to catch up, easily staying ahead of them. He shook his mane, Kasdeya laughing as she looked back to see Earth's eyes growing bright. He turned sharply, Water and Kasdeya sharing a confused look between them. Just as she turned to face forward, Able jumped in front of Judas, Earth laughing as he took the lead. They passed a stream, Water using his ability to splash water at Earth and Kasdeya. Kasdeya pulled on her reins, galloping alongside Earth with Water behind them. A log was laying across the trail up ahead, it being on an angle, the higher point on Kasdeya's side of the trail. Earth slowed down, expecting Kasdeya to take the middle of the trail so she didn't have as high of a jump to clear. But she never moved, and instead, she and Judas jumped over the high part of the log. They cleared the log, Kasdeya letting out a laugh as she watched the other two jump over the low part. They kept riding for most of the afternoon, staying out late into the evening.

-

Mountain was walking back from the practice room, Kasdeya had gone to find Earth and Water a few hours ago so he decided to practice Respite On The Spitalfields. He was walking back to his room when he saw something he did not want to see. He saw two ghouls sitting in a room, a tourniquet wrapped around their arms as they heated up some drugs, sticking the needles into their arms. The sight of it made Mountain start to panic, bringing back memories of his uncle in Hell. His hands began to shake as his thoughts went back to his little sister and their uncle. His world was spinning as he basically ran back to his room, breathing in shallow breaths that weren't doing anything. He was bumping into things, knocking over plants and books, causing a mess.