ix. star tripping

ACT ONE ------- CHAPTER NINE;star tripping

star tripping

   Maroon Wei's back was completely covered by Alycia's front as they walked down the boardwalk

Maroon Wei's back was completely covered by Alycia's front as they walked down the boardwalk. Maroon had earlier agreed on giving her a piggyback ride since her feet already 'hurt'. She definitely knew it was a ploy just to make Maroon suffer for her earlier moments.

   "How come trees don't do anything useful," Zaire spoke before shoving a forkful of spaghetti in his mouth

"How come trees don't do anything useful," Zaire spoke before shoving a forkful of spaghetti in his mouth. Maroon glanced up from her salad, one of the only things she could consume nowadays that her stomach approved of. She leaned towards Chase to make sure the camera was still filming, knowing Simone would keep this in when she edited it later on. Alycia gave her a worry filled glance, red wine slipping down her throat, "Why are you all looking at me like that? It's an honest question."

"Zaire. You're a wholehearted idiot," Simone rolled her eyes in his direction, reaching for the small pepper shaker. The only man at the table was immediately offended, mouth agape as he looked around, "Is it cause I'm black? Racially motivated," The Jagger girl looked down at her own arms before back at him, "I'm black too, idiot."

"This still isn't answering my question. Trees don't do anything useful," Maroon cracked her knuckles against the table, dropping her fork at the edge of her plate. She took in a deep sigh, preparing herself for the next few moments, "Air Head, may I ask what you breathe if it isn't oxygen," He looked at her, eyebrows furrowing in a sharp V. Zaire licked his lips, "I thought we all breathed carbon dioxide."

That's the moment the entire table lost it, gaining weird looks from the rest of the restaurant as a part of their brains died. Zaire let out a whine as his foot collided with the bricked floor, "Guys! Please, I get it I'm not the brightest," Maroon stopped cackling for a moment to look at him, eyebrow raising, "Not the brightest?"

The waiter passed by with the checks, passing them to each individual. He gave a flirty smile to Zaire and Maroon had to forcefully press her face into Alycia's shoulder to stifle the laugh that was about to exit her body. When the waiter had left, Zaire reached over with his large napkin in hand and hit the woman with it.

Which is how Maroon is currently walking the boardwalk with Alycia covering her back.

Chase pressed the large sunglasses closer to her face, gazing in the small mirror as Zaire held the camera up. Maroon and Simone were in the background, hands threaded together as they danced with large hats on. Alycia was cheering them on while holding up her phone, videoing for Instagram. Maroon began to spin Simone around, smiling down at her when she grasped her back and thigh to dip her down. The woman let out a yelp as her hand went to the hat to keep it from falling off.

"I always forget that you were a bloody ballroom dancer," Simone grumbled, standing up and leaning against the wall. The Australian woman rolled her eyes, "It was for two years back in high school and I am still haunted by it," She clarified for the camera.

"The sun is setting," Chase had glanced out of the large window, a large smile on her face, eyes crinkling at the edges. Everyone else in the friend group made it a nightly tradition to send Chase a photo of their sunset, noting the similarities and differences. If that's what made her happy, they would do it twenty times over. All of their hands practically linked together before bolting to the beach side, all looking towards the sunset. Maroon took over the camera to pan to the sunset from the group, hearts open for anything.

updated; 4/29/2023
published; 4/29/2023
words; 700

updated;   4/29/2023published;   4/29/2023words;   700