- 𝟎𝟏 -

*The female Trailblazer will be used in this story, I'll be using their canonical name (Stelle) to refer to her

*The female Trailblazer will be used in this story, I'll be using their canonical name (Stelle) to refer to her.  I'm not sure which one of them is the canonical one but someone told me it was her so I'm just going with it

Dan Heng let out a deep breath as he watched March 7th and Stelle bickering. Pom Pom had called them in to inform them of their next destination, but the conversation had eventually just devolved into the two of them shooting snarky remarks at each other (as it often did). Although he would sometimes attempt to break into their argument, he simply lacked the energy today as yet another bad dream had plagued his sleep schedule.

    "That's enough, you two," Welt Yang sent them a warning glance, which caused them to immediately stop their bickering.

    "Haha, sorry," March 7th laughed nervously upon realizing what she had done.

    "Passengers! The warp navigation meeting has officially begun!" Pom Pom announced, waddling over to the rest of you to commence the proceedings. "I'd like to congratulate you for successfully resolving the problems at this stop—the Express can now continue along the star rail. It's time for your conductor to reveal the name of your next stop."

    Dan Heng listened to Pom Pom cordially while Stelle kept glancing around the room.

    "Our next stop will be Sivik, with the gracious self-asserted title of the 'Isle of Grace!'" Pom Pom continued. "The Stellaron there has begun to contaminate the lands and needs to be taken care of in order to save the lives of the citizens living there."

    "Dan Heng, March 7th, and Stelle," Welt Yang turned to the three of them, "the four of us will be handling this. Are there any objections?"

    The three of them shook their heads in sync.

    "Uh...is there anything we should know prior?" Stelle asked hesitantly.

    "Yeah, our lack of info the past few times has kinda bit us in the butt a bit," March 7th sighed.

    "Well, the government is a constitutional monarchy," Himeko explained, "and although the king and queen are rumored to be hospitable, I would recommend exercising caution. A spotless record can be just as dangerous as a messy one."

    "I agree," Welt Yang added. "The only information we;ve ascertained on the inhabitants to be wary of is the crown princess. Records say that she is clinically insane and will violently interact with guests unprompted."

    "Yikes," March 7th grimaced. "We'll make sure to steer clear of her, then."

    "Pom Pom will make sure that they tell you all the information necessary," Pom Pom puffed up his chest, "do not worry! It's a conductor's job to help secure the safety of its passengers."

    "You're our savior, Pom Pom," Stelle smiled, her words dripping with a mix of sarcasm and appreciation.

    Pom Pom shot her a glance but didn't respond to her remark. "We will be embarking tomorrow, so please make ample preparations until then."

    "Roger that!" March 7th gave an energetic thumbs-up, causing Himeko to let out a polite laugh (seemingly out of sympathy).

    Dan Heng chatted for a bit with Stelle and the others before heading into his quarters to rest up before the next mission. An insane crown princess, huh?    He would make sure to, in March 7th's words, 'steer clear of her.' He preferred to avoid fighting if necessary, and didn't wish to stir up any trouble. Although I'm certain that since March 7th and Stelle are coming, there's definitely gonna be a lot of trouble... But even despite all the issues that they both caused, Dan Heng found himself looking forward to the mission.

    All he could ask for was for everything to proceed smoothly.

dan heng is so babygirl. anyways ty for checking out this story, i hope you enjoy! i'm very excited to write this as dan heng's personality is such a blast to write tbh. this is the introductory chapter so it's pretty short but most of the chapters will be ~2000 words :) both this book and corruption will be updated at the same exact time so updates may take a bit longer for that reason but i'll try to get out the next chapter within a few days! thank you for checking out this fanfic love you all <3

oh ya the self-insert here will be sort of simiar to the mc in 'crazy like a fox,' if any of you have read it--if not i would totally recommend it such a good manwha diosabduabwjksdjab