- 𝟎𝟒 -

[Y/N] had been quite lucky

[Y/N] had been quite lucky. The 'mister dragon' nickname had been a throwaway—nothing more than a small, lingering suspicion in the back of your head that very well could have been nonsense. The chances of you being wrong were incredibly high, and yet you had managed to shoot right in the bull's eye on your first attempt. Talk about luck, huh? Now she had information she could use against him or blackmail him with, which could prove to be quite helpful in the future.

After finishing her usual disgusting breakfast, she got out of her nightwear and put on one of the dresses in her closet. This one was a pale lime green in a particularly ugly shade but you picked it purely for comfort. It was better to blend into the background and let Phoebe take all the praise. In comparison to a girl that was compared to the goddess of beauty, [Y/N] felt that she was quite mediocre. Even a gorgeous woman would look hideous when put alongside her sister.

She covered up the light bruise left on her face from yesterday with some concealer. The same maid from yesterday (her name was Rose, if she recalled correctly) watched her from beside the door. The pure anxiety permeating off of her was so intense that if an animal were nearby they would have a complete sensory overload.

"Yasmine," [Y/N] called out to the maid calmly.

"Y-yes?!" she startled awake as if she had been in a daze, scrambling over to you and dipping her head as a desperate courtesy.

"I'm going to the library. If anyone asks where I've gone, tell them I do not wish to be disturbed." Picking up a stack of books she had borrowed from her last visit, the princess briskly left her room in her bare feet without waiting for her maid's response. As some sort of revenge for the situation with Dan Heng the other day your parents had confiscated all of [Y/N]'s shoes, forcing you to walk barefoot through the property. They often gave punishments that they could get away with easily—all they had to do was blame her insanity. It wasn't an uncommon occurrence for insane people to forget basic tasks such as putting on their shoes before leaving. The stones were hard against your feet, but not sharp enough to break skin. It was easy to ignore the throbbing pain with each step you took as there was no risk of infection. With that in mind, [Y/N] walked towards the library with confidence. One moment of hesitation could kill her; it was in her best interest to act as insane as possible and continue to disillusion those around her.

Phoebe was guiding the guests through the castle on the other side of the palace, an aura of light seemingly emanating off of her sheer beauty to the point where [Y/N] spotted her through the window even though she was so far away. They were chatting so noisily that she could hear faint mumblings in the distance, her sister's vibrant and contagious energy obviously leaking onto them.

It must be nice. [Y/N] thought she had long since discarded such a foolish and idiotic way of thinking, but in situations like this it was almost impossible to not feel inferior to her sister. Although she knew that Phoebe could potentially just be acting this way to survive, she still held malice for the girl who had stolen everything away from her so that now the easiest way to survive the longest was to act like a deranged insane person. But even so, I can't bring myself to hate her. Dan Heng, who was lingering towards the back of the group, seemed to meet her gaze for just a heartbeat. Curse the Aeons. [Y/N] gave him a small smile before continuing down the hallway, praying that she hadn't had some kind of hideous forlorn expression on her face.