I

"He's at death's door but I can save him."

---

The brunette's eyes fluttered open and he lifted his head to come face to face with a sleeping ginger. A smile did not form on his face, instead he frowned.

The sliding of the door made Dazai turned to see a familiar purple hair lady. He managed a smile.

"Yasano-san, how's the agency doing?" The said lady gave a comforting smile, "Just fine, we haven't had many cases so it's utterly boring in the office." Dazai chuckled softly before glancing at the ginger once more. Yasano sighed to herself and walked forward.

"Guess what? I have some good news and bad news."

"Bad news first."

Yasano laughed as she took a seat next to the brunette. "So like you."

She found a comfortable position as she crossed her legs before continuing.

"Bad news is that there is a 40% chance that Chuuya might lose his memories if he does wake up."

She paused to look if the other had any reaction which there was none. Yasano smiled enthusiastically this time. "But there's a way to wake him up."

The brunette's eyes lit up, "There's a way?"

"Yes. I found out that Chuuya's mind is probably conscious. If we can try to get into his brain and make him wake up..."

A small frown etched itself onto Dazai's forehead. "Wait, that means Chuuya's living in his own world his brain made?"

Yasano nodded but immediately clarified, "But I'm sure we can convince him to wake up. I found just the person for it as well! You can come in now."

The purple hair lady lifted her head to the door as it slowly slid open and a maroon haired girl came in shyly, looking at the ground. Only after a few seconds, she waved at the two of them and introduced, "I'm Mitsushi Kei, a engineer focusing on abilities." Her focus went to Yasano as she hastily shoved some papers in her hands. Yasano skimmed through them before passing them to Dazai with a smirk.

The brunette curiously looked through the papers and his eyes widened. "You ability allows you to go into a person's mind?"

Kei nodded as she clarified, "Not many people know of my ability. Yasano saved me a few years back and I'm willing to help you guys whenever I can!" Her voice was determined that Dazai's eyes softened.

"Is that so? Thank you for your help then."

Dazai continued to look through the papers as he stopped. "How is her ability going to work on me? If I read correctly, her ability allows her to also connect people's minds together for in out cases its helpful but her ability can't work on me."

"My ability can't work on you?" The maroon haired teenager's eyes widened as she raised a brow.

"Let me explain. My ability, No Longer Human, nullifies all other abilities. So no abilities can work on me."

Kei gasped in amazement, "That's such an amazing ability. Well, I'm an engineer so I made a small device which can connect your mind together. Since Yasano-san told me to make something. It's on the second page."

She pointed to the staff of papers and Dazai gladly flipped and he nodded in agreement after reading through the reports.

"There should be no after effects or any problems." Kei mumbled just audible to the other two before she continued, "But, there is a time limit. This device only gives you 1 hour before it shuts down. If it shuts down and you're still connected to the device, you're stuck with the individual."

"Why don't we try it now?" Yasano asked eagerly, a she glanced at the brunette who nodded.

Kei hesitated before passing the device to Yasano.

"Thia might hurt a little..." kei muttered as she gently placed the square sticker like object on his head and the brunette winced slightly when he felt tiny needles pierce into his skin.

"Worry not, it won't harm you it's just for precautions."

Dazai nodded, feeling as if he was going to get a mild headache already. Yasano watched from the side as Kei did the same for Chuuya who was lying motionless on the bed.

"There will be a communication device when you enter his mind. If communication ever gets cut off, immediately press this button to get out manually from your side." Kei was just patiently explaining everything to the brunette who was memorising everything with ease.

"Remember 1 hour time limit." Kei warned one last time as Yasano gave an encouraging smile.

The maroon haired girl breathed in deeply as she closed her eyes to concentrate.

And in a blink of an eye, Dazai entered darkness.