IV

Which one did he have to shoot? 

He pointed the guns at the two of them, he could hardly see either of their palms because they were throwing punches and kicks. Based on what Dazai said before, he and 30 minutes left. From explaining and now, he had 10 minutes left. He had to decide what to do by then. The Ginger's eyes trailed from one of the brunette's hands to another in hope to see a blue dot but to no avail.

Was there any difference between them? Any features which the clone couldn't copy?

9 minutes

Their hair, clothes, bandages? There was exactly no difference. They were two exact same person. 

8 minutes

Chuuya calmed himself, even twins had differences, which means there must be a difference he was missing. Excluding their attitude and tone, he must be missing something. What was unique to Dazai and Dazai only. He had to think.

7 minutes

He had to concentrate and recall what he had seen and what was different but it was difficult when the two of them were tumbling about. Something different.

6 minutes

Chuuya's hand shakily gripped tightly onto the gun, he had to hurry or he won't make it. However, the many thoughts rushing through his brain made his vision slightly blurry and he blinked multiple times to be more alert and concerntrate.

 7 minutes

He wa doubting himself big time, he was so close to the brunette yet so far. All those years spent with his lover, was it all for nothing? There was nothing he could think of. He couldn't even remember when the brunette's birthday way anymore.

6 minutes

Seconds ticked past and 10 minutes turned to 6 quicker than Chuuya could even imagine. His legs were wobbly and were Like jelly. He didn't want to think about it. He didn't want to even be in this situation. He just wanted to sleep and get back his energy. Maybe his brain will function properly if he had enough rest.

5 minutes

Holding the gun in his claims hands, he aimed at one of them. Because of all the tumbling around, Chuuya couldn't get a good aim. If only he could get both of them to be still.

The fight between both Dazais continued and Chuuya was still contemplating who to shoot. Time was running out.

By the time Chuuya could force himself to concentrate, bead is sweat rolling down his forehead because of how stuffy the narrow room was, the ginger finally could see clearer. The fog I was in his brain slowly dissipated as he raised the gun in his hands.

A difference between the two wasn't their clothes, hair, skin or build. 

3 minutes

Multiple memories of Dazai and him in the 'real' world came rushing back to the Ginger's mind. 

1 minute...

Their eyes...

Unlike the clones's eyes, the real Dazai's eyes held warmth and genuine emotions. They were much different from when Chuuya first met Dazai in the mafia. That brought a smile to Chuuya's face. He finally, confidently raised the gun and shot...

Chuuya's eyes fluttered open as he was met with a unfamiliar white ceiling. The memories from before came rushing back to his mind as he quickly sat up but regretted his decision when he felt his whole body become numb and he collapsed to the bed.

Yasano, who was walking outside, heard 5e sudden move tan and immediately went in and her eye's widened when she saw an awake Chuuya who has been asleep for a few months already.

She rushed forward and checked on him. Hearing that his body was only numb and achy, she sighed in relief before checking on the brunette leaning against the bed frame, his eyes were shut close and his head hung to the side. A few brown locks covered his eyes as he was still unconscious. 

The ginger who only just realised the brunette was on the floor, ignored the numbness and pain soaring through his body and rolled himself to the floor much to Yasano's surprised as she was giving a call to Fukuzawa to update him on the great news. 

She quickly hung up and supported the ginger who gently brushed her off and his eyes softened when he saw the sleeping brunette.

"Is he alright?" The hoarseness in Chuuya's voice surprised the both of them since Chuuya haven't used his voice for quite a long time.

The purple haired lady nodded. "He's just tired. This device makes him mentally exhausted." The ginger frowned slightly.

Yasano gave a comforting smile as she continued, "He did not hesitate to go after you a second time immediately after he woke up. He must have no energy right now."

The ginger glanced from the prurple haired to the brunette and a small smile crept up his smile. The ginger pushed a few locks behind the brunette's ear and a fond smile flashed on his face. Dark eye ring circles were visible under the brunette's eyes. That was so Dazai. 

Yasano upon noticing that, chuckled, "The president allowed Dazai to stay here with you when you were admitted into the hospital. Nothing could separate him from you."

Hearing that Mae the ginger smile even more. His lover cared for him so much and he appreciated it. 

"Well, I'll leave you two alone. Call me when Dazai wakes up." Yasano announced as she walked out of room. 

Chuuya just sat beside the still sleeping brunettte and rested his head on the other's shoulder. When his lover finally woke up, he was going to give the other a hug. 

That moment came to soon as Chuuya felt Dazai shifting uncomfortably. His head quickly turned to face the brunette and he could not control the tears when he saw the brunette's eyes open and widen. Those caramel brown eyes stared at sapphire ones as Chuuya did not waste a second and gave the younger a hug.

Dazai, who was still recovering from the immense relief of seeing his lover hugging him, hastily hugged back, holding he ginger tightly as if afraid Chuuya will leave him again. He nuzzled his face into the crook of Chuuya's neck and did not let go.

He knew he did it. He brought back his petite ginger. The only thing he remembered was Chuuya shooting one of them and Dazai immediately shut down the system. 

Still hugging onto the ginger, he felt his coat getting wet as he noticed the older was crying. He slowly and gently wiped those tears away as he smiled, "You're okay now, you're safe." With that the ginger brought the brunette into another hug.