02

—chapter two.

"TARA, WILL you stop!"

tara replied without thinking, "i cannot believe you did that! you embarrassed me!"

"that guy was a dick, he was going to take advantage of you." sam said in quick defense.

"so? if i want to hookup with an asshole thats my decision! it's my decision! don't you get that?"

"okay." sam said, trying to stop her.

"its not about you! i mean you're out of my life for five years and now you can't leave me alone for five minutes!" tara stared at her sister.

"because you're not dealing with what happened to us. have you even gone to see the counselor once?"
the group just stared at them both, olivia felt awkward looking at everyone elses faces.

"no - and i won't be!" tara said, olivia stared in shock and awkwardness at the two.

"why not?" sam moved foward.

"because i'm not interested. im not going to live in the past like you!" tara said, motioning to her friends who were now in a circle around them. "i'm not gonna let what happened for afew days define the rest of my life."

olivia wanted to jump in to say something. but the two girls were so deep into the argument. ethan was standing so close to olivia, he was breathing on her neck.

"so your going to pretend that it never happened?" sam questioned.

"what are you gonna do in new york, sam? your working two shitty jobs - to help with the rent, but really whats your plan?" tara stated loudly.

"im trying to look out for you."

"hey!" afew girls walked by the group. "murderer!" one girl said as she threw her cola all over sam.

"what the fuck is wrong with you bitch?" sam screamed, leaping at the girl in front of her. mindy and chad fastly pulled her back with a scowl on their faces.

olivias face contorted into a angry stare. she grabbed the drink from ethans hand and began to walk towards the girl, pouring the liquid all over the girl. she screeched, "who the fuck are you?".

"you guys should stay away from her, she knows what she did!" the girl spoke again, finally walking away, her friends laughing.

"i didn't do anything." sam scoffed.

"uh, i have tissues.. three tissues. if you want tissues." ethan said, his voice slightly shaking. sam took the tissues from his hand, wiping herself down as the group started to walk again. ethan expected a 'thank you' but obviously didn't get one. olivia glanced at him, grabbing his hand and taking it in her own.

"thank you ethan." she said, swinging their arms back and forth as they walked. ethans heart was throbbing.

the walk was quiet, silent really. although olivia was pissed she cracked afew jokes to ethan, which forced ethan to hold in his laughs. mindy looked back giving them a 'shush' look.

they all immediately spread themselves out on the couches once they got back to the girls apartment. olivia had sat next to ethan, he still hadn't let go of her hand. the tv suddenly shot on. they all watched the report, murders of their classmates; greg and jason.

olivias head perked up, no one else was paying much attention to the tv but her.

"isn't that the dude from our film class?" she says shocked, turning everyone's attention to the tv.

"holy shit." tara mumbles to herself, seeing their faces on the tv. she sat straight up.

"at the scene, ghostface costumes made famous by the 'stab movies' were found." the reporter said. all of their eyes were now wide with fear. olivia pulled put her phone, texting gale.

"pack a bag. we leave in 10." sam immediately said, grabbing a knife from the kitchen. chad shot up, forcing sams boyfriend to leave.

"your not serious right?" olivia sat up, breaking her and ethans hands apart. sam didn't reply, instead she actually started packing.

ethan was more then confused. she shrugged, her face turning. she sat back down next to him, slowly laying her head on the back of the couch.

"sam. this may not have anything to do with us!" tara exclaimed, following after her.

"are you serious?" sam turned to her.

"its a big city — and halloween, everyone is wearing masks!"

"you both knew him." she said, scoffing.

"barley!" olivia spoke up again.

"chad mindy, back me up please." sam whipped her head back to them.

"i mean its kinda close to home.." chad mumbles, not wanting to upset tara and olivia.

"see!"

"your dads a cop right?" tara said, turning again to quinn. "can you call him?" quinn nodded, taking out her phone and calling him. tara whipped her head back in sams direction, "before you make the decision to abandon our college education and flee the fucking state."

sams phone suddenly rang and. olivias heart beated fast. ethan could feel it. she and ethan turned her head towards sam.

"who is it?" mindy spoke, standing up. sam looked at olivia, she turned back staring at the phone not saying a word.

"why did everyone freak out when her phone rang?" ethan asked.

"you gotta keep up man." anika said, rolling her eyes.

ethan looked to olivia.

"long story."

"sam.." quinn stood up, "my dad wants to talk to you."

"mr. bailey, hi." sam paced back and forth between the kitchen and living room. once the phone call ended, she turned to the group. "they want me to go to the station."

"why..?"

"they found my drivers license next to one of the bodies."

—————

a/n: im really trying to go in order with everything in the movie, so bare with me !

05/1/23