06

—chapter six.

SIRENS BLARED IN the teens ears. flashing police cars still going off. olivia sat in an ambulance, next to mindy. a large bandage up the side of her. she stared off into the alley across from them. tears unable to even drop from her eyes.

small talk tried its best to erupt from the group, but no one could even say anything about what happened.

mindy laid her head on olivias shoulder. scooting closer to her as they both said nothing.

the alleyway was covered in police tape and bags, covering up all remnants of what happened. 'how did that even happen?' thoughts ran through olivias mind. 'i thought we were done with this'.

something - or someone came from underneath the police tape that held the crowd back from the scene. ethan.

olivia hadn't even noticed him, but chad had. he toke him by his shirt, slamming him into the side of a car.

"where the hell were you?" chad said, using his force on him and the car.

"what when?" ethans arms went up.

"last night. where were you?"

"i had econ you know that." he said in defense.

"your girlfriend almost got killed."

"i was at a class with a hundred other people - ask anyone there." chads arms drew towards his sides as he relaxed, not convinced though.

"who -" ethan started, but before he could finish, mindy spoke up, her head still on olivias shoulder. olivias eyes looked up at ethan, no emotion on her face.

"anika and quinn." mindy looked back into the alley. "your at the top of my list."

"i had econ!" ethans voice slightly broke as he looked from her to olivia. her eyes immediately moving off of him as they made eye contact. "are you okay?" he stated, moving in front of olivia.

"shes good! just her 'love interest' no where to be found when a psycho tries to kill her and her friends." mindy answers for her.

"im sorry - okay." he continues looking down at her, her eyes eventually meeting his.

his arm reaches forward, looking at the cut in her side. tara swears she saw him smiling, yet no one else saw it.

"im really sorry liv." she nodded slowly in response, not pushing his alibi off yet.

—————

a/n: super super short chapter, i miss anika already

5/5/23