03

—chapter three.

ETHANS HANDS pressed on olivias knee. her head still draped over the back of the couch.

"you okay?" ethans voice pierced through the other conversations that olivia was paying attention to.

"im okay." she breathed out. he sat there waiting for her to speak again. but instead her head moved onto his shoulder. ethan, holding his composure, moved his arm from her knee and around her.

she thinks about what had happened last time with ghostface. amber killing her dad, she wasn't even with him when he died. olivia and amber were close too! like anika and her close, which frightened her even more.

she hoped that none of these things recently were even remotely related to her in any way, but she deep down knew everything was about her, sam or tara. just like it had always been.

him on the other hand was worrying, not knowing how exactly to comfort her. he was never good at these things.

ethan stared at her in question, not knowing how she was actually feeling or thinking. she was always kind of confusing to him. he knew also that none of this would end well with them in an actual relationship.

although she herself was confusing, ethan knew everything about her. he knew her dad, how she was involved with his brothers killing only because she was friends with tara and sam. notice how he said involved, he knew she didn't actually do anything.

they stayed, just soaking up each others company, even though no speaking was involved. they hadn't known each other for terribly long but it was enough to know they were both slightly intrested in one another.

as they sat there, both thinking to themselves, the silence around them seemed to get more apparent. the others still in the kitchen, talking about who knows what.

her head lifted slightly as she looked at him.

his head lowered, looking into her eyes.

"whats going on in here..!" chad suddenly walked into the room, sitting on the armchair next to them. this caused olivia to shake awake from the daydreaming and sit back facing the tv.

"didn't mean to cockblock you-" chad laughed as olivia interrupted him.

"you - you did not cockblock anything!" she fires her eyes back in chads direction. to which he nodded giving a 'rightt..' look.

small talk is definitely difficult for olivia. shes more spur of the moment and when theres nothing to do but sit she just relaxes.

"we should do something tomorrow." chad speaks up, motioning towards the two still next to eachother.

"i have econ on fridays." olivia looks up at ethan.

"you have to go?" she says.

"yes. sadly." he adds on the second part quickly after.

"what about in two days?" olivia still keeps her eyes on him.

"sure." he smiles down at her.

"..hello..?" chad scratches his head awkwardly.

"and you chad."

—————

a/n: i think this one is alot better then the previous chapters tbh.

5/2/23