NINE

The long awaited new chapter is here! I hope you enjoy!

I'm also going to be changing the pov for the rest of the book. I realized that I've been putting (liliths pov) when it really isn't her exact pov, not that it matters. It's just a mistake I made since I'm French and English is not my first language. I just finished editing this book but if it bothers some people I will gladly change the book to the correct pov :)

𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐢𝐢

Story telling POV
(Lilith's POV)

I sit with Abbachio in the back seat as Fugo drives the four of us to Pompeii. Honestly, I'm nervous. Bruno expects me to use my stand on this mission. What if I mess something up? I'm such a clutz.

Fugo sits in the front seat, explaining to everyone about the History of Pompeii. It's very interesting, but it's not anything I didn't already know.

"Hm, the dog mosaic that we're looking for is close to the entrance of Pompeii's house of the tragic poet. We're getting closer..." Fugo says as he turns left.

Giorno looks at his map, then back a Fugo. "Oh, Fugo. It seems like you should've turned right at the corner, not left."

Fugo hits the breaks, making all of us get pulled back quickly. "Huh?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"Giorno, you told me too late. What use it it telling me to make a right after I've already done it?" He says, anger in his voice.

My lips turn into a frown as a look at Fugo. "Fugo, it was a simple mistake. You don't need to get so frustrated..."

Giorno turns around, looking at me with a soft smile on his face. "No, he's right Lilith. But it won't happen again."

Fugo looks down with a frustrated expression. "I'm not talking about it happening again! I'm talking about now!--"

He gets cut off by Abbachio hitting the back of his seat roughly. "Hey Fugo, keep your emotions in check! We're in a hurry so calm down."

Fugo scoffs. "You don't think I know that?" He clicks his tongue in annoyance, turning the car around harshly and taking the correct turn.

Typical Fugo, I guess.

I look over at Abbachio, watching him glare at Giorno suspiciously. "Hey, are you okay,?" I whisper. "Is something wrong?"

He shakes his head, looking at me. "No, not really. It's just, I have a bad feeling about this new guy. I know Bucciarati said to trust him, but I have a feeling he's gonna screw something up."

I nod at him. I've had a bad feeling about him too, but nothing about him screwing anything up.

"Hm.. I think you should trust Giorno, at least for now. I think he has good intentions. If he screws anything up.. We can always find a solution."

Abbachio sighs, shrugging. "I don't know. Are you just saying that because he's all buddy-buddy with you or whatever?"

I raise my eyebrow at him. "What? No!" I whisper shout. Giorno turns his head and looks at me. "Are you alright back there, Lili?"

I shake my head in embarrassment. "I- uh, no! I'm fine, hehe.." I say as my cheeks turn red. How embarrassing.

"Hey, looks like we're here. We need to hurry."

I look out the window, seeing the historical architecture of Pompeii. It's beautiful here, really.

Abbachio is the first to step out, looking at the scene in front of him. "Huh. I haven't been here since I was a kid on a school field trip."

I step out the car, reaching over to close the van door. Thanks to my luck, I trip on something and start falling to the ground.

Closing my eyes, I prepare myself to hit the ground. In moments notice, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. Looking up, I see Fugo holding me up. "You alright there?"

"Oh uh- yes! Thank you so much!" I practically yell this. "Woops. That was loud.."

Fugo laughs at me making my ears turn pink. "You're hilarious. Anyways, lets get going. We need to move."

We walk over to the main area, taking extra precaution just incase. I notice Giorno giving Fugo an absolute death stare. He notices me watching him, and his gaze softens giving me a soft smile.

"You okay there Giorno?" He hums a yes at me. "I am. Thanks for asking, Amor."

The four of us walk behind Fugo, listening to his instructions. "It should take us about 30 minutes to get to our destination and back. Keep your self on guard for anyone."

My eye spots a mirror hanging on a wall. We stop at the small wall, looking at Fugo. My eyes land on Fugos cold stare. He looks so entranced by something in the mirror.

"Everyone, eyes up." He whispers. "There's someone here, just one. He's watching us from the shadow behind the stone column. Damn it, I didn't think we'd be found so quickly."

"By pillar, " Giorno starts, "Which one do you mean exactly?"

"Don't play dumb with me Giorno! He's right there!"

I turn around, looking for the guy he's talking about. "Where?"

"You're right about there being one pillar Fugo, but there is no one there." Says Abbachio.

Fugos eyes widen. "Quit messing around! He's coming for us!"

Fugo turns around, pointing at the Pillar. "Right there! He's-" he gasps. "But- how? I just saw him! There was a man coming from behind the pillar."

He turns back around, looking at the mirror. "There he is again! What the hell?! He's walking straight to us!"

I turn around, looking at the mirror. Just as I'm about to turn around again, I see a figure walking in the corner of my eye.