Chapter 1. 'Awakening Upon Sorrow.'

His eyelids flickered up and down and he pushed himself up, confused and stunned. He pushed his hand infront of his face to block out the blaring lights seering into his eyes.

"Where am I..?" His deep-ish voice rang out into the room.

"So, he's awake?" A female voice rang into his ears as the person continued to talk. "Hey, can you hear me?" In an instant, she was right next him, his blurred vision barely saw her, but she was squatted down next to his bed.

"How are you feeling?" She inquired, gently putting her gloved hand on his forehead.

AN: I'm not gonna put in a Desc of her since I did and it deleted itself 😭

"A little woozy.." He said, unable to speak in full sentences just yet.

"That is normal, so don't you worry, I am Natasha, Head of the medical and healing department here in the underground."

"I am...Artemis.." He said, slowly regaining power over his voice and speech. "Nice to meet you!"

Artemis sat up, and Natasha stood up and rushed to her cabinet to draw a bottle of medicine. 

"Hey, take this with you, but meanwhile, let me escort you to see the leaders of this city."

"Leaders...?" He asked, as he stood weakly on the floor, and took the small bottle from her.

"Wildfire.  They are known for helping and solving resounding and current issues in the underground."  She said, her heels clicking a tune as she walked toward him.

"What is the underground?" Artemis inquired once more, curious and confused.

"The underground. It is a part of belabog, a city that has been ravage by an eternal winter Frost. Luckily we are not affected for the moment. The overworld people discarded and hate us because we do what is needed to live, but we don't kill others, unless they try to kill anyone else in this domain." 

"Hm...sounds sad...maybe I could help? I mean by aiding in cleaning up some issues?"  He gently suggested, desperate to help the people as they had been subjected to torture all their lives.

"Yes, you might be of help, but in that state, no chance." Natasha set her foot down in that matter. "anyway, let's get moving, yeah?" She said, opening the door and beckoning him to progress through the door.

"Sure." He simply said, following her out of the clinic building and into a bustling town, with soild, dirty brick houses and firm grounds apart from the parts that were crumbled a long time ago, from the looks of them.

"Why am I...here?" Artemis suddenly blurted out.

"You were apparently passed out by the  entrance to the underground and 'The Silvermane Guards.' Found you and threw you down here." Natasha recalled. " Luckily Seele caught you."

"Seele?" He questioned.

"The most powerful, and wise warrior amongst them."

"Tell her I said thanks if you see her." Artemis said, looking around at the variety of people walking around. Students, workers and children going yo school...
"This way!-" She started, before a sudden rumble caught the two unaware.

"What the?!" The pair shouted in unity, as a strange Knight-like space creature popped out and more followed.

"We're surrounded.." Artemis remarked, seeing her grab her blasters and point it at one.

"Be prepared to make a run for that 'Bio-Bat.' Very high tech."

"Alright." He complied.

"3.."

"2.."

"1.."

BOOM!

"NOW ARTEMIS!"