Chapter 4

As we entered the dance studio, I was straight away thrust into the bigger room to learn the group number. I looked out for Paige and she gave me a wink.
"What was that about?" Maddie whispered to me.
I looked away from her and shrugged. "I dunno. I have a bad eye I guess. Get it?! Hahha!"
Maddie smiled a bit but didn't laugh as well. I could tell she was onto me.
We threw our arms into the dance and sure enough, we got the hang of it. I glanced across at Paige, who was doing better than I thought.
Then it came across to the leaps and spins, and she became flustered and threw her arms up to the beat. Miss Abby looked directly at her.
Without warning, she swooped down to the floor and Chloe fell over her legs.
"Ouch!" She looked down at Paige. "Sorry Paige!"
Paige suddenly gasped. "Owwwww! My ankle!"
And she clutched her knee.
Oh no!
I decided I should do a good deal of acting as well. I dashed towards her and knelt down.
"What happened Paige? Are you seriously hurt? Oh no!"
"What's happened Paige?" Nia asked.
"Are you ok?" Brooke asked.
Maddie looked unsure. She gazed down at me and looked right into my eyes. She figured it out.
"Did you fall Paige?" Jojo asked, pushing herself to Paige. "Like, onto your ankle? How? Did it hurt loads?" Her eyes gleamed.
"Shut up Jojo." Kendall came and knelt down beside me. "Chloe didn't mean it."
Chloe nodded. "I'm really sorry."
Paige shook her head. "No, I just fell over! It sandy you Chloe...Oww-eeeee!"
Miss Abby came over to our little huddle. "Paige, can you stand up?"
Paige did her best ankle-hurting-trying to stand up impression and fell back down. Jojo sniggered but Brooke elbowed her.
"I'll go get your mum." Straight away, Kendall bury through the doors and into the mum cabin.
"Sit down for a while Paige." Miss Abby and I helped her sit down. As she sat, she looked over at me. "It hurts," she whispered, with a small grin.
I winked back and walked back to the main floor.