Chapter 3

UNEDITED

(Vanessa's POV)

"I think you must be delusional, if you really think that I will help him" I yelled back into the receiver back. A bit annoyed that he would even think that I'd be happy to help him. "First of I don't care if he has a mate or not and Second I'm not giving up my vacation so I cam help some guy can find his mate" I told him a bit calmer then my first response.

"Oh c'mon, Vany do me a favor just this once, please" he said back using my nickname. Which only irritated me more because it was my father who came up with that nickname.

"Don't call me that and No, you still owe me for all those other jobs I did, but didn't want to do," I said.

"What...I don't remember any jobs like that" he said innocently.

"Do I have to remind you of the vampire ball you wanted me to attend or the job that sent me to England to take care of that demon a week after my parents death or even the time I went as a decoy for that werewolf" I said while shivering that last one still gives me nightmares. I had to dress up in this slutty outfit and it barely covered any of me. I still can feel his cold hands. Uhh.

It just made my cousin laugh. I told her the story and she just wonders why I agreed to even do it. I actually am still thinking of why I did it.

"Okay, Okay I remember but this one won't have anything to do with dressing, or attending any sort of ball" he said trying to convince me but failing miserably. Who does he think he is kidding.

"No is no and that is final. Anything else?" I said tiring of this conversation.

"No," he said.

"Well then bye," I said as I hung up, not waiting for a response.

"Wow, that conversation went well from the sound of it you were so willing to do it," she said sarcastically and taking a drink of her water.

"Yeah they really thought I would help some random guy find his mate when I don't even have a chance at finding mine" I said a bit depressed

"You know it is not impossible to have a mate," she said.

"No just improbable which could be the exact same thing" said bitterly, that is the exact same thing I told my parents the day after I came out of my room in like a week since they told me the truth about my mate.

"Well..." she started but was interrupted by my phone ringing. I looked on the caller ID and again it was the council. Yeah two calls in one day. Must be my lucky day seeing as the haven't called in like weeks.

"Hello, Vanessa speaking" I said, but not ready to hear who was on the other end. The last person I thught I would hear.

"Hello, sweet heart," he said and no it's not what you think. My father has been dead for two years now. It was Luke who is like a father to me and the head of the council. He was there for me when my parents died and has been there ever since then. He also took the head of the council position once my father died. I have always trusted and listen to him. They really must be desperate if they are playing the Luke card.

"Hey Luke, what's got you calling," I said in my best innocent voice but he wasn't buying it.

"Cut the crap. I'm know your not that dumb" he said simple as that

"Fine, but if you called to convince me. Then let me save you sometime and say no," I said.

"Oh my dear Vanessa, do you think I would give up that easily?" he said. Just as I was about to answer he added, "You wish. I'm not giving up so easily just like Calvin did."

I heard Calvin yell a "Hey" in the background and just shook my head. I was about to hang up up on him because he almost always found a way of convincing me.

"Don't you dare hang up!" He knows me so well. "I know that you don't want to help but please I really need the king happy. You are the only one who can put up with them and know the culture of all four species enough to pull this off." he said pleadingly. He knew I melt when I hear a plead in his voice.

"Fine, but I want at least one council man there, I'm not required to go to the ball and as soon as I'm done you come and visit me." I listed of my requirements

"The first and last requirements sure but I don't know about the one with attending the ball," he said and I thought about it for a moment. Then finally I decided.

"Fine, I'll take what I can get. " I said two out of three not bad. We said our goodbyes and I went to start packing with Li on my tail.

Once we git to the room, Linette said, "So you gave in again."

" No, I actually struck a deal with them and pass me that purple blouse" I said grabbing my suit case

"What would that deal be?" she said passing me it

"Oh that I would have a council member would be there and that he would come and visit. Now get out so I can finish packing and take a shower before leaving. I'm hoping on getting there tomorrow afternoon." I said pushing her out the door and closing it behind her.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANKS FOR READING! I have like forty views so I decided to update a bit earlier. Hope you guys enjoy.

REMEMBER TO...

READ

VOTE

AND COMMENT