Chapter 25

UNEDITED

(Vanessa's POV)

This is the best night ever. I can't even believe I have found my mate. The kiss with Jason was magical. I wish it never end but we have to come up for air every once in a while. They are right your mate is the only person that can make you fell special.

Now I just hope he gets back soon so we can spend some time together. He said that he left something. He left a while ago claiming that he left something in his room for me, but he sure was taking his sweet time.

"Hey Angelika, what time is it?" I asked getting impatient

"11:26, Jason sure is taking a while," she said

"You shouldn't worry he is a big boy. I think he can get something on his own," Christopher said

"Yeah I agree it's actually more than 20 minutes. It takes me at the most 10 minutes to find something that I missed placed and you know how terrible I'm at looking," Bethany said

"Yeah she has a point there. It shouldn't take someone this long to find something," Li says

"I'm going to go see what is taking Jason so long. I'm starting to get worried," I said

I left the ballroom and headed to Jason's room. I was walking down the hall and when I was coming near Jason's room, I saw two people in an alcove making out.

At first, I thought how sweet two love birds. Then when I got closer, I saw it was Natalie and Jason, I was heartbroken. I let myself get lost in the moment of feeling wanted that I didn't even feel when he was kissing another girl. I then relished he didn't leave for anything he just wanted to make-out with Natalie.

I turned on my heels and left before they saw me. I ran to the castle entrance, to go to the woods. I can't let anyone see my tears again. I promised myself I wouldn't cry anymore. Not for my mate or my parents.

I cried for days after my parents told me about how I would most likely not have a mate and when they died, I sometimes felt like I would run out of tears. After a point, I told myself that I cried enough tears in a lifetime and I wouldn't cry.

I ran and sat under an old willow tree by the lake my mom and me lied to hang out at when we stayed and visited.

Look, you were told you wouldn't have one. You got use to the idea. They said didn't need one and they are right, I told myself. You wouldn't and didn't need a mate. You live like you want, forget about him. He is of no importance.

I got up and started to head back to the castle. When someone jumped up out of the shadows and attacked me, it was a werewolf. He tried to scratch me but got the tree behind me.

 I fought back with a silver dagger and slashed his neck in one swift move. I splashed the left over blood on the ground and was about to run back to the castle when I felt a pain in my leg then I blacked out.

(Jason's POV)

I ran to my room and found the box on my stand. I took the necklace out of the box and placed it in the box. On my way, back I was pulled into an alcove and then Natalie crashed her lips into mine. It felt so good I completely forgot what I was doing.

I kissed her for a while. The moment I stopped was when I felt a sharp pain. I remembered that I was getting something for Vanessa. Who's meant to be the only girl I kiss passionately. Man I hope no one saw me kissing her.

Why did I kiss her? You are an Idiot, my wolf told me.

Oh, now you talk to me, I said

Be glad I showed up, my wolf told

Why didn't you tell me Vanessa was my mate? I asked him

I couldn't, he said

Fine, don't tell me, I told him before ignoring him

I got back to the balcony to find everybody there except for Vanessa. Everybody but Calvin was making out with someone.

"Hey Calvin do you know where Vanessa is?" I asked

"She went looking for you since you were taking do long," he told me

"Thanks man," I said and was about to leave when Calvin added

"Vanessa is like a sister to me. I already warned you in the library but just to make it clear. She means a lot to all of us," he said and Li, Bethany, her mate, Christopher, Angelika, and Richard nodded their heads.

"I would never hurt her," I said I turned around and went to find Vanessa. I hope she is okay. I followed her scent to the hall were Natalie and I were making out. I just thought f*ck please don't tell me she saw. Then I continued to follow it and it lead me to the castle entrance. It went into the woods to the old willow tree.

I found blood underneath the tree and not just a little but an amount someone could die because. I checked to see if it was Angel blood but was relieved that it was werewolf blood. I looked at the tree and found indentation marks in the bark.

I also found a dart like the one that Thomas shot Vanessa with last night. I looked around for any sign of her still being. I found none, which I took as a bad sign. I then started to panic.

I decided to go back to the castle for help. I couldn't find her scent anywhere. Therefore, I ran back to the castle. I was going to find my dad and tell him about this. I hope we get there before anything bad happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger! What do you think happened to Vanessa? Who do you think kidnapped her? What do you think is going to happen to between Vanessa and Jason? Keep reading to find out.

REMEMBER TO...

READ,

VOTE,

AND COMMENT.