⋅•⊰⟢⪼⦕ 𝔗𝔯𝔢𝔰 ⦖⪻⟣⊱•⋅

The next morning, Isandro was sitting at his desk early awaiting the witches that Cassian was sending to him

The next morning, Isandro was sitting at his desk early awaiting the witches that Cassian was sending to him. He had slept better than he ever had before, he was sure, and he'd never felt better when he woke up. Even as much confusion still clouded Isandro over the whole situation didn't stop him from feeling a spark of something vaguely similar to excitement. Hell, it might be excitement, he hadn't felt such a positive emotion in so long he couldn't even be certain that was what he was feeling at all.

He spent the entire night with Mytherion. They'd had dinner and then went to bed, both of them feeling quite tired from the previous night. He found himself feeling surprisingly happy about spending the night in Mytherion's bed, although he knew it was something trivial and he was a grown man who has been married once and mated twice before. He'd spent the night with Mytherion before, this wasn't the first time so he didn't even know why this time was the time that was making him feel all... emotional.

It was strange because he'd never felt this way before, so settled on a decision to do something. He had always felt a certain degree of apprehension around relationships, specifically the relationship with Avriane. It wasn't even anything she'd ever done, he had just never felt... a spark there. Things felt textbook in all of the worst says between them, tense, forced. It was forced though, he had to make himself sleep with her regardless of the lack of attraction he felt to her.

He'd been completely convinced for a while that everyone felt the same way, which wasn't true but he'd been hard to sway to believe that. He'd been taught that relationships were transactional, where everything someone did for someone had to be repaid and vice versa. He didn't have to love his wife to mate with her, he just had to fuck her. It seemed like such an easy thing to do, but it was something else entirely when he was in the moment and trying to enjoy himself but he just couldn't.

He wasn't able to push away the feeling that something wasn't right the entire time. His Alpha's interest level, even while mated, was dull at best, and absolutely non-existent at worst. He hadn't realized anything was seriously up, and he didn't even understand why he'd never questioned it more than he had. He'd mainly noticed when his Alpha had responded so readily to Mytherion. It was the only time he'd ever really felt a difference, and it'd been what sparked his innate curiosity about what the difference was. It shouldn't have worked the way it did, which brought many questions to his mind.

Why did it work the way that it did? What was the difference between Avriane and Mytherion? Even on the surface, there were so many differences between them. For starters, the most obvious was their gender. Mytherion was a man and Avriane was a woman, not really all that similar in any way. Their personalities were also very, very different. Mytherion was soft and small and sweet, and Avriane was... not that. At all. She was snarky on a good day and straight-up bitchy on her worst, she was hard to please, and she wasn't even nice to Jixane. With the knowledge that he and Mytherion had been mated the entire time he'd been with Avriane, it added another layer to the kindness that Mytherion consistently showed to Jixane.