Chapter 45

I sat in the silence for awhile, trying to process whatever my mind came across. But eventually my mind seemed to hit a block and I began to grow frustrated with myself. I was here for a reason, I must've been, but I couldn't figure out the reason.

"It is alright, child," came a feminine voice. The voice came from nowhere and everywhere all at once, like she was the supernovas themselves. I looked around but found no one.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice small.

"No need to fear," the voice said as an elegant figure appeared before me. She, like me, resembled the galaxy around us, but she was more corporeal than me.

"... who are you?" I questioned.

"What a good question, little one. And yet, it is not one that is an easy answer. Some earthlings might call me a deity, but I am not one they would know. I would be... something akin to fate, as your humans would call it. But I am infinitely more complex and confusing than that," she responded.

"So... you're akin to a goddess?"

"For lack of a better word, you could call me as such. I have many forms, and am neither feminine or masculine, persay. But I will admit, this is one of my favorite apparitions."

"Are you why I am here?" I questioned. Her red lips on her ghost white face turned up into a smile.

"I play a role, yes. But you're the more important role in this scenario, child," they responded.

My eyebrows scrunched up as I looked up at her. Her apparition was about a foot taller than me, but I could tell that they could appear much taller than that if they choose so.

"Do you have any preference of pronouns?" I questioned, just so I could know how to refer to them in my own mind.

"Any are fine, darling. She would be easiest in this form, I'd imagine." I nodded in response.

"What do you mean, that I play a bigger role? I've never been here before." At this statement, she began to laugh. Her laugh was angelic and mesmerising.

"You may not remember being here, child, but you have appeared here many times in your current life."

"Current?"

"You've reincarnated many times, my dear. Each time you evolve. It is a decision of your own to keep going back, to keep learning and growing. We all have admired you for it," she responded.

"...All? There's more of you?"

"There is a whole realm of us, dear. I'm surprised that is the first question that you came up with after that statement."

"Oh, trust me, I have more."

"Good, I would expect nothing less of you."