Chapter 21

His moment of surprise didn’t last long, and to my delight, he willingly cooperated. Henry’s arms pulled me closer while our tongues mingled in a passionate dance that made my stomach swirl with happy anticipation.

“Help me out of this dress”, I rasped when I had to break away from him to get some air into my lungs. The heavy, tight fabric was too bothersome and constricting, especially for what I had in mind.

“Turn around.”

His voice was hoarse, his onyx orbs glazed with lust.

Seconds later, the gown pooled at my feet, leaving me in nothing but my bra and my underpants.

“How do you like your present?”, I asked, turning my head so I could look him in the eyes, see desire taking over his usually so carefully guarded expression.

It was the first time I so boldly initiated sexual intimacy between us, the first time I didn’t intend to hold back. Henry’s first wife had tried to assassinate him in their wedding night, had treated his sincere affection with contempt. I couldn’t undo the past, but I could give him a new memory, one powerful enough to brand his last wedding night an affair too insignificant and worthless to spend any thoughts on. In order to achieve that, I was ready to give him whatever he wanted, whatever he needed to find satisfaction and release. I was ready to make this all about him.

A startled squeak escaped me when my mate yanked me against his hard torso, one hand on my breast and the other on the front of my underpants, his breath an intimate caress against my neck. One powerful tug and the last to pieces of clothes were gone as well.

“Lay down and keep your eyes on me”, he ordered with a low growl before releasing me.

I did as I was told and spread on the silken sheets, watching Henry walk to the foot of the bed where he started to undress himself excruciatingly slow. Goddess, why was he taking so long?

Relishing in my impatience and the sight of my naked body, his lips curved into a sensual, teasing grin. When he had opened his shirt wide enough to allow a peek at his chiseled chest, I bit my lips and clawed my fingers into the sheets, remembering how enticing his cold, hard skin felt under my palms. When he had opened his pants and freed his erected penis, I couldn’t help but press a hand to the tingling spot between my legs and let out a helpless moan. Already, I felt a familiar pressure building up inside of me, felt the heat in my veins rising.

Finally bared to the flesh, Henry walked up to the bed, his gaze hungrily skating over my naked body. Like a wild beast gracefully closing in on its prey, he crawled unto the mattress, unto me. Dipping his head, he closed his lips around my nipple and played his tongue around my sensible skin. I violently shoved my hands through his hair in response, desperately needing something to hold on to, something to help me anchor the whirlwind of emotions rampaging inside of me.

“Wait!”

It took all my willpower to get the word out, to form a coherent thought despite my mate’s sensual caress that was about to push me over the edge of sanity.

Henry let out a low growl, but reluctantly obeyed.

“This is your present, remember?”

I angled my body and he understood. Without putting up resistance, he allowed me to switch positions with him and roll on top.

“Allow your bride to indulge you tonight.”