Part Seven

"Honey, you really don't have to do this," Harry says in a convincing tone to his boyfriend. "Look at you, you're a complete wreck. You've been training for hours now, and this was meant to be your day off. And is that blood I see on your new bag?!"

The garage was a cool place to be so early in the morning, perfect for late night sessions. Paul wasn't too pleased with having to come out here and help him train a day earlier than expected, but Louis knew he'd get over it. The man would meet him at the Holksfield stadium by tomorrow morning so they could preactice more together and Louis knew they'd be zombies by that time.

"Harry, stop pestering me and go to bed. It's almost 3 am."

Harry tightens his bathrobe, wrapping his arms around himself defensively. "I- Louis....you need to strategize your decisions for once in your life and not to rely on anger to fuel you. I know what Liam did was...well..."

"Unforgivable," Louis adds bitterly. "Not to mention stupid. The idiot must be eager to get to hell faster."

"Well...yes.....but I'm fine now. Think about yourself. What if you get hurt and you can't go on your boxing tour across the UK? Just over trivial guy things."

Louis snorts, proceeding to hit his punching bag harder. "Sounds as if you don't have any faith in my fighting capabilities."

"You know I always believe in you, but I just don't want what happened getting under your skin. I'm already enough of a distraction as it it," Harry sighs.

Louis pauses his movements and removes his gloves. "Hey." Louis pulls Harry by the robe to his masculine body, tilting his young boyfriend's chin up. "You remember the day we met, right?"

Harry chuckles, "That shitty dinner, and the manager and his wandering hands?"

Louis nods, "That's the one. When the bloke blatantly disrespected you in front of all your customers and then slapped you on the arse like you were a piece of meat?"

"Yep, that's him. I can't believe took that kind of abuse from him, but I did have bills to pay. College loans to start paying off." Harry remembers those days before Louis. He was just a scrawny 18 year old with no friends and no life outside of course work. He didn't even wear makeup back then.

"During that time, I remember coming back to that diner over and over again, too jittery to ask you out because you were so cute and small, with a job and a dream while I made my money hustling pool. You were too good for me from the start. But then, when I saw someone as beautiful as you get stepped on the way you did, by someone bigger than you who thinks they're any better than you are, it fueled me. Made me see red. So, I clocked the lad out, and I made sure no one bothered you again. Because I made you mine. That's what this is all about, H. It's about people learning to respect you, at the same time respecting me, because you're mine. That's the reason for my anger. You deserve better. You always did."

This confession made Harry smile. Louis was never angry with the guys he's fought on Harry's behalf, he was angry because all Harry's life he's been ridiculed and mocked for no reason as all, never having the courage to stand up for himself. Louis was that guy to stand up for him. Louis was his guy, and he loved this man more than anything in the world.