ii; left

The cabin

The cabin

It looked rotten from the inside. Decaying at every corner, absolutely disgusting.

Chunks of meat laying around, in some corners it looked like a bloodbath. Natalia didn't want to stay here, or even go in at this point, but she saw a shotgun in a glass display, which was enough to get her attention and fixation.

So she carefully stepped in, not wanting to stomp on meat laying around. Or get attention from anyone in there.

Getting the shotgun was easier then it was supposed to be by the outlay of the cabin, but she wouldn't be one to complain.

She was out just as hesitantly as when she entered. A few steps away from the cabin she heard a growl, low and she was not able to pin point it to an exact location.

But a dog with a teeth so crooked and large emerged from a few bushes. Posture screaming aggressive and ready to attack.

Natalia positioned her shotgun right at the beast. Not hesitating and shooting it right in the jaw, it winced back but kept its eyes on her for an alarming period, where she didn't back down from shooting again.

The beast was resistant, but a shotgun had more willpower then it, or rather the person behind it.

Natalia felt strangely okay with what had just happened, the dog, the cabin may have disgusted her, but not make her fear for her life. The mystery around the place she may have mistaken for fear, was not that bad in the end.

And now she had a scratched up gun and a newly acquired shotgun. Some ammo but still not enough for survival. But it will do for now.

She moved from the cabin and beast. Which she would have to guess was east, while she was walking she didn't stumble across many beasts, there where a few lost villagers, but nothing she couldn't handle with her bare hands.

She was lucky enough to find a place for a quick rest, the sun was nearing an afternoon glow. Natalia would have mostly enjoyed it to it's fullest, maybe if she were still im france. Sitting on her balcony, a cigarette in hand and complaining about work to her cat, as quite footsteps could be heard approaching the door.

And a gentle voice would ask- shit. Natalia needed to stop herself from sinking in her thoughts, her reality was that she wasn't anywhere near home, no cigarette and nothing or no one would comfort her.

And if she learned one thing in this shithole, it would be that thinking slows you down and that is what gets you killed here.

Though a little break wouldn't hurt right? Just by the lake near her, coincidentally there was a little shack near it.