𝟎𝟎𝟑

𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟰𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯
𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗵𝗶𝘀, 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗲

𝗝𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 sat at a bench in the waiting room; growing anxious for an update on Kaari... The repetitive beeping of the medical machinery in the area was beginning to drive them both insane.

Ja held his head in his hands and bounced his leg up and down as he tried to shake off the feeling of deja vu this situation was presenting him. "Morant?" The clerk at the desk announced, the two shot up. "Dr. Lacy says he's ready for you," The lady nodded. Ja gave his gratitude before waking off to the room he was told Kaari was in...

He peeked through the door and saw Kaari curled up on the patient bed, sucking her thumb and messing with her newly applied arm cast.

The sight made him wince despite Kaari not appearing to be in any adamant pain.
"Hi baby," he announced his presence before going to hug her. Instead of greeting him back, she stayed silent. Which was understandable.

"How do you feel my love? What happened?" Ja was thrown off by her behavior, as it was unlike her to not reciprocate energy or excitement.

While the three stood there silently a doctor came in. "Hi Family, I'm Doctor Lacy" He addressed them. "She was the most well behaved baby during the x ray," He said while logging into the computer.

"Unfortunately, we did find comminuted fractures along her forearm, which just means more than one break in her arm" Dr. Lacy pointed out the fractures in the X-Ray for Ja and his mother.

"The director at the dance academy told my nurses that a fall during a routine caused the bruising and breakage, but a simple fall wouldn't cause this type of trauma, especially considering her size... I'd review with her instructor and peers to see what caused the fractures..." He further explained.

"So what do you think could've caused this?" Jamie asked while gesturing to Kaari.

"Typically things like car accidents, falls from large heights... and in some incidents being hit with heavy objects,"

His words made Ja and his mother turn to one another with a similar expression of a furrowed brow.

"How long will her recovery be?" Ja asked. "7 months at the least..." Dr Lacy spoke. "Seven months??" Jamie and her son said in unison.

"And that's only if you follow the regiment I'm about to provide," The doctor said as he exited out of the X-Ray and went to a PDF file.

On it displayed a bunch of regulations and adjustments Kaari had to make to ensure her recovery was as seamless and efficient as possible.

"I'm referring you to our pediatric orthopedic partners; Doctor Kennedy and her crew... She's young but she's easily the best specialist in the Memphis area," Dr Lacy continued to elaborate as he wrote something down on a notecard.

Ja sat beside Kaari as he listened to the doctor continue to explain what she could and couldn't do, and when to get checkups... the whole 9 yards.

"I wanna go home," Kaari mumbled. "We will soon baby," Ja whispered to her as he tried his hardest to actively listen to the doctor... He knew if he failed to catch everything his mother would be on his case... even more than she already was.

"Miss Kaari said her pain levels were decreasing, but in the event she experiences a flare up, I'm gonna prescribe her a paracetamol.."  he spoke as he wrote her prescription down.

"What's that?" Ja asked. "just a lower dosage Tylenol practically," Dr. Lacy answered.

"Okay...That's all I have for you guys right now... Just remember to see Doctor Kennedy in a week to follow up on Baby Morant... we wanna make sure her cast is doing her good," Dr. Lacy said before flashing a smile at Kaari, who returned it.