02

In the moments that felt like you had fallen into a deep sleep, you awoke with a start, feeling your
head bang into something hard. Was it a wall? Did you survive the earthquake thingy? With these thoughts running in your head, you tried to open your eyes.

...Wait, why was everything white? I can see figures of people, but it's all blurry?

Was my vision really damaged so badly? You wondered. With your limited vision and regaining some control over your body, you craned your neck and observed your surroundings.

You looked like you were in someone's house? But why couldn't you stand?

...

wAIT why am I bEing LIFTED-

A pair of arms could be felt carrying you up, and holding you in their arms, and the person who carried you smiled (you think) and spoke in rapid Japanese. The person, a lady you assumed, was gushing over you, you think.

That was exactly when realisation hit you.

...

You were a baby. Or more specifically, you, a college student was in a baby's body.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FU-

You meant to say that in your head, but you accidentally said it out loud. To both your relief and dismay, it came out as a string of unintelligible words. Were they even words? More like baby language, you think.

Hearing this, the lady (you were 80% sure that it was a lady) smiled and cooed over you.

You willed every bone in your body not to scream.
....

It took a good while getting adjusted to both the baby body and calming your frenzied mind about the current situation you found yourself in. To your relief, you were placed back into a cot and left alone for the time being. You took that opportunity to think and recollect your thoughts.

Observing your surroundings with your poor eyesight, you were pretty sure that you weren't in your room for the record. And you were not in your house either. How did you even get here? All you remembered was passing out on your room's floor during an earthquake of some sort. And when you woke up, here you are. Was this one of those lucid dreams that you saw before in a documentary? When you can still control your body and thoughts in a dream. Maybe.

You scrunched up your face in thought. It would make sense if it was a dream, that's why you were stuck in a baby's body. But some other questions still remain though — why did the lady that carried you in her arms looked an awful like Saitou Miyako from the manga Oshi no Ko?

Or was it because you were binge reading Oshi no Ko continuously for the past few days, and it somehow wormed it's way into your dream?

You paused for a moment, considering this idea. It was certainly a possibility. Hah, who knows, maybe Ai, Ruby and Aquamarine will pop up later to say hi! The thought of this caused you to chuckle slightly. Perhaps it was because you were stuck in a baby's body — that the chuckle came out as a garbled giggle.

Dang it.

You momentarily cringed at that garbled giggle that left your mouth, and sighed at that failed attempt of a chuckle before returning back to your thoughts.

Focus y/n. Focus. If this was a lucid dream, I think the only way to get out would be through dying in this dream. Or, I could always try sleeping in this lucid dream to test that theory, but I'm not sure where I'll end up when I wake up. Would I finally be awake, or will I be stuck in another different dream?

This was a fascinating idea to try , you decided. However, you willed your brain to concentrate and continue thinking of other possibilities.

Reincarnation? Maybe, but it just doesn't seem as likely. If I was reincarnated, why would I remember my past? In addition, those only exist in stories, no ? Why would I get isekai'ed into a manga, that's now also an anime? It's not real. There's just too many things that don't add up.

You decided, humming thoughtfully to yourself.

I'll just stick with the lucid dream possibility, then I'll see how it goes. If I can really prove that I'm in a dream, I'll just die in the dream to wake up back into reality. Shouldn't be too hard, no?

You sighed in relief, it looks like you finally had some sort of an answer. Still, the overthinker in you called for some sort of backup plan, just for in case, and it called for the gears in your brain to start working again.

Just in case, just in case that I was actually reincarnated, I have to work out the timeline. So..it wasn't stated how old the hoshino twins were at the start of the manga, but Ai gave birth to them at 16, and she died at 20. Hence, the twins were 4 by then. Ai died at Chapter 9..so..

You paused for a moment, letting the information sink in. Your eyes suddenly lit up, when a key information sunk in your head

The manga did state how old the Hoshino twins were, though not directly. If I remember correctly, they were..4 years old from chapter 7 onwards, and..2 years old at chapter 6?

At that moment, you wanted to pat yourself on the back for solving that in such a short timespan. Good job y/n, good job. Though you still wondered how babies could talk full sentences at age 2, you decided not to question anime logic.

With an unresolved determination now etched in your mind, you huffed out a small sigh, finally feeling tired. All that thinking was too much for your little baby brain to handle, it seems.

With a content smile on your lips, you let fatigue overtake you and lull you into sleep.

...

Fluttering your eyelids open from the sleep that you had, you were greeted with the sight of..a ceiling. What did you expect y/n, what did you expect. You internally sighed to yourself, before realising that you still had really bad vision. Lifting up your arms, you held the urge to let out a groan — you were still in that lucid dream, it seems. But as much as you didn't want to admit it, it was starting to feel more likely that it was a reincarnation than a lucid dream now. Like, you didn't even wake up to reality after sleeping! What was this blasphemy?!

You finally let out the groan of dismay that you held earlier. Sitting up on your crib, you realised that you genuinely looked like a 3-4 year old instead of what you supposed you were in the body of — a one year old. But, you decided not to question it. You had better things to do anyways, like figuring out your situation and not causing suspicion around others — for example, towards Saitou Miyako, who you think is the baby's (that your soul is currently residing in, or your lucid dreams body) mother.