04

Ever since Aquamarine's "talk" with you, you've gotten a lot more cautious with your response and facial expressions, wearing a neutral and calm expression for most of the time. Even when you were thinking, you tried your best to focus on what they were saying too. It was likely that Ruby, Ai, Miyako and Ichigo all didn't notice this, but Aquamarine, being observant as always...
You were pretty sure he noticed it anyways.

You know he suspects you. But you can't call out on what he suspects you about. For the time being, you'll just continue to play along as the curious child.

Life was pretty normal for the time being, having Miyako and Ichigo as parents. Ruby and Aquamarine being the childhood friends, and Ai as the cool aunt. You also had to admit...it was nice to feel the love of parents again, considering how in your past life, your parents were always out of the country for work.

One day, when Miyako was once again on her daily babysitting gig, caring for the three of you, Ruby excitedly exclaimed to you that her brother was casted to be in a movie of some sort along with Ai.

Ruby's eyes lit up, as she bounced around exclaiming how cool it was, chattering into your ear while you just sat down, nodding along to what she said. Aqua however, just shrugged upon hearing his sisters words.

"It's not that big of a deal, really. It was to secure a job for Mama."

He responded nonchalantly. In response to this, Ruby just squealed loudly, before continuing on her rant about "don't you know how amazing this chance is??!"

You zoned out quite a bit, but upon hearing these words, you chewed your lip slightly. If your memory serves you correctly, then Aquamarine's child acting gig with Arima Kana would be happening soon.
..

Each new chapter..serving as a reminder to Ai's looming death..

You blinked sharply, and shook your head slightly. No. Now is not the time to be having such thoughts, especially since the Hoshino twins are still here.

With this thought in mind, you picked up a couple of building blocks next to you, and you started stacking them together. You couldn't do much things, being stuck in a baby's body. Writing stories were definitely out of the question for you, reading manga..not yet, but maybe. Maybe you could play video games? Like mario kart or something? Oh, and that also reminds you..you should start to talk soon. You were turning 2 soon, so..it makes sense that you should learn how to talk.

Actually, I'm going to do that right now, you thought. Ah, the impulsive thoughts are taking over. You looked around for something to say, and your eyes landed on the strawberry Cheesecake Miyako was currently eating.

Tugging Miyako's sleeve to get her attention, you pointed at the cake that she was currently having before tilting your head sideways, putting on a curious expression as if to ask her what it was.

Noticing your curious expression, Miyako gave you a motherly smile as she patted your head.

"That's a Strawberry Cheescake, Rin"

You scrunched up your face, and pretended to stutter before finally saying your first official word.

"Ca..cake."

Acting like a baby despite having a fully grown mind was definitely not your cup of tea, but seeing the surprised reaction of Miyako definitely made it worth it. Her eyes literally seemed to shine like stars, as she picked you up and spun you around in much obvious glee. Of course, who wouldn't be excited when they see that their child has spoken their first word?