Chapter 3

Goody Pov

In the year 1600

I had just finished doing the laundry. Mr. Crackstone, the owner of the mansion where my mother and I are forced to work, he forces me to wash the clean clothes again because, as he says, they are not clean enough. I can't deal with him anymore.His wife, Mrs. Valeria, is the sweetest person on the planet, but unfortunately she is very sick and can barely stand, my job is to take care of her, because she only wants me by her side, apart from her husband of course. You ask why I work as a maid in the mansion of the most powerful and evil man in town. Well, it all started with my father's obsession with alcoholic beverages, especially the most expensive wine in town. He drank so much that he ran out of money.And as the drink became like a drug for him, he started asking his good friend Crackstone for money. It ended up being a huge debt. When Crackstone asked my father for money back, he left that night and was never heard from again. no one from him since then.And my mother and I are obliged to work for free for 20 years for Crackstone, but he and his "kindness" give us a place to sleep and the food left over after their meals. I am very angry with my father. Two years ago I discovered that I have magical powers and with the help of my mother I realized that I am a witch like my grandmother. My mother told me to keep it a secret because we all know what happens to witches. My life is not wonderful but I love it to read stories to Mrs. Valeria. I learned to read by myself with the help of books from the library of the huge house. Since then, my favorite thing to do is to sit in the big armchair next to Mrs. Valeria's bed and read her favorite books.

Lilith Pov

This morning I just woke up. Wednesday enters my room without knocking on the door. I'm in bed, almost awake. Wednesday pulls me out of bed by the hand, this action makes me fall and hit the floor.

 "Oh, Wedns!! why would you do that?" I say standing up.

 I was very angry with her until I saw the expression on her face, she seemed a little scared, Wednesday scared, I don't really believe it.

 ''Wedns what happened?''

 "I had a vision, I was with Goody and she was asking me to bring you to the Gates mansion at nine o'clock in the evening. She said she needed you" 

"Me?" I ask worriedly

 ''Yes'' 

What could Goody want from me. I don't know what's going on, but I know I'll find out soon.

TIME SKIP

We were in Wednesday's room getting ready to go to the Gates mansion, in order to contact Goody without being in Wednesday's visions I have to do a ritual that I found and it doesn't need unicorn blood, this is a ritual ancient ones that only demons can do. For the ritual I need 7 candles that Enid, Wednesday's roommate, kindly offered, 9 magical herbs that I grow myself in the pots on the windowsill of my room and a talisman .

 For the ritual I need 7 candles that Enid, Wednesday's roommate, kindly offered, 9 magical herbs that I grow myself in the pots on the windowsill of my room and a talisman