Chapter 7

Lilith was nervous as she walked through the dark halls of the old mansion to find her duties as a servant. She wasn't sure how Mr. Crakstone would treat her, but she knew that she needed this job and would do her best to please him. As she walked past the kitchen, she briefly wondered why Rosa asked her to get changed when Goody left the room the night before. She is looking for Goody. She found her in the kitchen eating a pie.

"Want some?" Goody asks looking at Lilith.

Lilith just nods. Goody cut her a piece of pie and the two ,just stayed quiet in the kitchen eating.

"Today we have a lot to do" Goody says in a quiet voice.

Lilith nods and look at the dark forest.

Goody Pov

Lilith is very strange. I don't know how she got here, I've never met her in the village and she came to us with some very strange clothes. But I have too much work today and if she helps me, I don't think there will be any problem.

''We have to go''I say to her she just nods and we get ready and leave.

The moon's light shines through the thick branches of the trees, causing the shadows of the forest to move and morph with every gust of wind. A narrow path winds its way through, paved with grass and mud. The forest feels damp, as if the dew still lay thick on the ground from the last rainfall. It's difficult to see very far, and the few leaves that drift close enough to be illuminate by the moon are quickly swallowed in the shadows of the trees. 

Lilth's skin glistens in the moonlight, like a pale pearl. Her eyes shine with a deep, almost navy blue that reminds you of the open sea on a starry night. As the light touches her, it's like diamonds sparkling before you. I can't help but be drawn in by her eyes and the delicate arch of her brow, even in the dim light.The girl's gaze is almost startling, like that of a wild animal. The moonlight seems to emphasize the harsh lines of her face, the deep shadows cast underneath her brows. Her eyes are sharp and cold, as if she can see right into your soul and see your sins. It's a gaze that could make the toughest man shiver.

As the wind howls sharply from the south, I feel that same sharp coolness pressing against my face. The moonlight brightens the path and makes it harder to see the surrounding shadows of the trees, the thick branches looming above me and their branches intertwined against the sky. The village scent hangs thick in the air, the aroma of wood smoke and cooking strong enough to make my mouth water. Voices call out to each other, but the wind muffles their words, making them indistinguishable to me.

''We are almost here'' I say looking in the distance.The moonlight is bright and full this morning, and there doesn't seem to be any sign that the sun will appear any time soon. The air is cold and crisp, and my breath forms fog in front of me with every exhale. The moonlight casts strange shadows around us, the thick branches tangled against each other in the sky and creating strange black pools of darkness.As we cross into the borders of the village, the silence hits us like a brick wall. The wind dies down, the noise of the trees and wildlife going with it. There doesn't seem to be anyone around, the only sound coming from our own footsteps. I look around but can't quite see anything in the dark shadow of the moon. It feels like we are alone in this world, the world around you as quiet as a mouse. 

A sharp chill runs down my spine, and it hits me that today is a Friday the 13th. In some folklore and superstitions, it's thought that this day is bad luck. It's said to be a night of evil omen, where dark spirits and demons roam the world. The air feels heavier and thicker, and I can feel a sense of unease growing in my stomach. Even in the silence, the darkness seems to have a weight to it, as if something is lurking just beyond the dim light...The villagers believe in this and I do too.