The Tea

"This is so stupid! I should be out there looking not dealing with a palace full of sexist and transphobic jerks!" Leo said dressed in more casual masculine clothing his chest constricted by a binder to give him his preferred look, makeup and jewels removed save for a single plain broach that served to tie his vest together.

He was pacing inside his little brother's room as his servant and the princes only friend April helped him with taking Michelangelo's jewels off.

April is a human with dark coco skin, brown eyes, red rimmed glasses, messy brown curls done in two poofy pigtails, and was nineteen years of age. She wore a green dress with yellow highlights that was plain enough to indicate her as a servant, but still extravagant enough to show she was a servant with status. Her father and husband had worked the grounds when she was a child and by happy luck the princes got to meet her and they all bonded. They were so close together she was treated more like a older sister than a servant.

She used to be a guard actually, prince Donatello's guard specifically but after he disappeared she was demoted to a servant for her failure. Mikey managed to convince their father to let her serve him instead of throwing her out, but many glares at her when she left the room alone.

The brothers never blamed April for it, his disappearance was not her fault.

"You mean we should be out looking for them right Leo?" Mikey asks as April finishes taking off the last of the jewellery he wore except for the bracelets.

If you are wondering the importance of the bracelets here is the story. Each of the kappa royals had a pair special bracelets made for them when they were young that matched each others identically besides the gems it was composed off. Due to this the four brothers always wore the bracelets as a sign of their bonds, closeness, and unity with each other. When the oldest two princes went missing all that was found of them were there bracelets and so the two remaining princes each took one and wore it with them always hoping and praying for their brothers to be okay.

They never took off the bracelets even when they slept.

Leo knows Mikey's noticed him without the bracelets but he hasn't commented yet thank the ancestors.

"No me. You are better off staying here where it's safe," Leo said and his brother snorts. "You are such a hypocrite. You snuck out today, came back late, and since you scared off another handmaiden of yours April had to help you get ready," Mikey states arms crossed.

"I don't need some selfish prince tying me down! Mayhem would make a better ruler!" Said pet looks up from his plush bed at the sound of his name and wags tail seeming excited at Leo's suggestion. "I love dad but the kingdom is in terrible condition! Mikey if you or Raph saw and heard what I did today you would be raging just like me! There are so many problems that can be solved once we take the throne just like we always dreamed," Leo said speaking with a hopeful passion.

April stood in front of Leo arms crossed and fixing him a look no other servant would ever dare show him.

"Leonardo Blue Hamato you and I both know that even if your right Raph and Donnie would want you safe right now and not putting yourself in harms way," April stated like a scolding mother and Leo snorts rolling his eyes. "And second you prefer some rabbit who's related to a shogun stabber over a prince. Yeah this ones dim, but it's just marriage! It's not like you have to talk to him," April said attempting to cheer Leo up and he chuckles softly still in a bad mood though.

"Besides Lee," Mikey jumps up from the vanity and dramatically hugs Leo with a protective pout.

"Prince or Princess your still the prettiest sibling here so we'd still be beating all those snobby boys back with a stick anyway," Mikey reasons and Leo laughs softly and dramatically puts the back of his hand to his forehead.