6: Forina's New Hope (WIP)

Pure will flowed through Icefang's veins. He would not allow Jirachi's home to fall.

He gathered every ounce of power left in him. Gathering all the might he had left, he unleashed his maximum power, shining brighter than every star in the universe. His warcry was heard throughout the cosmos, echoing through the distance. Absolute power flowed through his veins, fueled by pure will and determination.

 Absolute power flowed through his veins, fueled by pure will and determination

"LAY A HAND ON JIRACHI'S HOME AND I WILL END YOU!!!" He shouted. Jirachi looked up in awe. Icefang was displaying more power than she ever had. One could probably consider him as powerful as a mythical pokemon itself.

Max was amazed, as well. Ever since the virus groudon incident, he hadn't seen this much power in one place.

"HYAH!!!" Icefang hurled beams of pure blue light, before charging himself at the enemy.

"YOU WILL NOT TAKE JIRACHI'S HOME!!!"

"Dusclops, psychic."

It did absolutely nothing. Icefang backhand slapped the dusclops at meteor speed back to the ground, instantly making it faint.
——-
(Wip)
——-
Only 5 minutes remained.

"Jirachi, i'm sorry. But it's time for you to return back to sleep. I've enjoyed my time with you, but- but..."

(Icefang began tearing up.)

"I can't do it! You're the only friend i've ever had since I lost my species..."

Upon hearing this, Jirachi was horrified. Not at the fact that Icefang wouldn't put her back, but at the fact that he watched his people- ALL of them perish in one fell swoop. And also at the fact that Icefang had never had another friend since... she felt horrible.

Was she going to regret what she was about to do? "But... but giving wishes is my life..."

"And- and not just that. You're trapped in this loop. This curse. Always being forced asleep, with only 7 days to be awake... and spending those days granting selfish wishes. I've studied you over the past week, and i've decided that... I feel even worse. Your whole life, you've been treated as a tool, and- and it would hurt me to watch you return to sleep still trapped in this loop..."

"Oh... Icefang..." Jirachi gave the boy a hug. "I... I never thought of it that way, but... i'm used to it. It's- it's all i've ever known. I'm scared of change..."

"You shouldn't be... *sniff* I'm only helping people because I needed a friend, but I never got one... but then you showed up. You are all I have..."

"I... I'll do it... but... i'm sad... i'm breaking my deal with arceus..."

"I know, Jirachi. I know."

The timer ticked down. Ten seconds. Jirachi looked up at the sky, as if she was saying goodbye to arceus.

Five seconds. She turned to Icefang, only feeling sadder about what she was doing.

Three seconds.

Two seconds.

One second.

Zero.